Yet another Question about I-134

A letter from your bank is really not required.

II. Supporting Evidence.

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

3. Present balance.

I think thats only really required if your going to have difficulties establishing 125% with your tax docs.

Its all case dependant but I think its foolish to weight your fiancee/wife down with a mass of documents she is going to have a hard time finding unless it supports a weakness in your case. If you clearly exceed the 125% a bank letter is pointless. JMHO

I will let you know in a month!! :blink:

My visa lawyer told me that tax records show you got so much $$, bank letter shows stability and the fact that that much $$ went into an account. DO what you might but the 134 is pretty clear on this!

Good luck!!

Mark and feng!! :)

I will let you know in a month!! :blink:

My visa lawyer told me that tax records show you got so much $$, bank letter shows stability and the fact that that much $$ went into an account. DO what you might but the 134 is pretty clear on this!

Good luck!!

Mark and feng!! :)

I agree - I think it's always best to answer the questions - just make sure that any doors that the documents might open for the VO can be easily closed - e.g., I had a list of deposits that were made from my brokerage account showing the withdrawal from the brokerage account.

Guest Rob & Jin

Evidence of support

As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income and/or financial resources to assure that the alien you are sponsoring will not become a public charge while in theUnited States.

Evidence should consist of copies of any or all of the following documentation listed below that are applicable to your situation.

I seem to recall many have not included a bank letter as they clearly are well over the 125%, thats why I suggested its case specific

good luck

II. Supporting Evidence.

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;

3. Present balance.[/size]

and how "present" does this balance need to be? If I want my husband to prepare I-134 now, by the time of the interview (which hopefully will be in march or april), the bank statement will be too old.

II. Supporting Evidence.

1. Date account opened;

3. Present balance.[/size]

and how "present" does this balance need to be? If I want my husband to prepare I-134 now, by the time of the interview (which hopefully will be in march or april), the bank statement will be too old.

The only one that truly expires is the police certificate, but the closer to the date in GZU the better! I picked a day that I got my direct deposit, made my present balance look better!! B) :P

Does the I-134 have to be brought to the medical exam? Or can I just give it to Kun before her interview (when that time comes)?

Interview time, and maybe they read it maybe they do not from some posts I have read on here. But as a former boy scout, be prepared!! :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

I brought this topic back because now that I am actually filling out the I-134 I have a question about #10:

I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none.

How should I answer this question? Specifically, what should I put down for "Date Submitted" ?

I-129F received date?...NOA1 receipt date?...something else?

Guest Rob & Jin

I brought this topic back because now that I am actually filling out the I-134 I have a question about #10:

I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none.

How should I answer this question? Specifically, what should I put down for "Date Submitted" ?

K-1 pending , her name, Noa-1 received(by USCIS) date

K-1 pending , her name, Noa-1 received(by USCIS) date

Hi everyone,

Now that this subject was brought up I have two questions too... :ph34r:

Question one...I thought question #10 only applied for past petition submissions but if I am reading the answers correctly i need to put in Ling and the two boys as part of question #10???

Question two...I know I am suppose to turn or have available the I-134 in duplicate for my wife ling, Do I also have to have duplicates for each one of the boys as well since they will be coming with the mother??

I know for K3/K4 a separate non-immigrant visa application has to be fill out for each person Ling and the two boy....so again do I have to give I-134's for each person both K3/K4??

Tom and ling