Hey everybody!. Once again I just liek to say thank you for all the help I have received from you.

Still waiting for P2....... :blink:

I do have a question though. Im think of leaving my job, I need to make more money and I need to trvel to Chian to see my lady but Im affraid they wont let me take the vacation but I have to, so I might either get fired or leave my job then have my new job when I return from China.

My main question is..will this be a huge problem for paperwork if I leave my job now?. Lets say for example I sent out my P3, then come P4/interview my job has changed. Should I just have notarized paperwork if anything like this would occur? Or just do my best to keep my current job?

I haven't done any P3 work yet but I plan to travel back to China in Late January and Im hoping to have received my P2 and sent out P3 by this time....which may seem like a long shot to have all my paperwork done this fast, since I only received P1 so far, but must think positive right??..the secret anyone??. Think positive and the universe gives it back to you??? :roller:

Ok well thanks again. Be well everybody. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.

-Vin

Still waiting for P2....... :angry:

I do have a question though. Im think of leaving my job, I need to make more money and I need to trvel to Chian to see my lady but Im affraid they wont let me take the vacation but I have to, so I might either get fired or leave my job then have my new job when I return from China.

You sound like you are planning things out well. I know this wasn't the question you asked, but let me give some additional advice about your planned trip:

Just be up front with your boss, tell him the reason why early and she/he will most likely work with you regarding this. If she/he is reasonable, and your work can withstand your absence, you will have her/him on your side.

Hitting her/him up last minute for a 2-week absence will not make her/him understand your perspective. Additionally, you can buy your tickets earlier and with more confidence, once you get her/his agreement.

I was in a similar situation in 2005 when I really wanted to be with my then wife in China but had no vacation time. So, I asked my boss for leave without pay for a month to "help my wife with the visa to come here to the US." It was somewhat true, of course, since the more visits, the merrier, but loneliness for my wife was the major motivator.

He was generous enough to grant it (so much for my indispensability!) and we had a great time in Chengdu and Tibet. The visa came three months later . . .

But I did not change addresses.

Still waiting for P2....... :angry:

You sound like you are planning things out well. I know this wasn't the question you asked, but let me give some additional advice about your planned trip:

Just be up front with your boss, tell him the reason why early and she/he will most likely work with you regarding this. If she/he is reasonable, and your work can withstand your absence, you will have her/him on your side.

Hitting her/him up last minute for a 2-week absence will not make her/him understand your perspective. Additionally, you can buy your tickets earlier and with more confidence, once you get her/his agreement.

Lets say for example I sent out my P3, then come P4/interview my job has changed. Should I just have notarized paperwork if anything like this would occur? Or just do my best to keep my current job?

I haven't done any P3 work yet but I plan to travel back to China in Late January and Im hoping to have received my P2 and sent out P3 by this time....

I would always have a I-134 from whatever the most current job is.. even if you change prior to the interview... and an employer as well.

Just realize that P2-P3 period can be 80-100 days... so it's not like you can send out P3 right after P2...

Guest Rob & Jin

I was in a similar situation in 2005 when I really wanted to be with my then wife in China but had no vacation time. So, I asked my boss for leave without pay for a month to "help my wife with the visa to come here to the US." It was somewhat true, of course, since the more visits, the merrier, but loneliness for my wife was the major motivator.

He was generous enough to grant it (so much for my indispensability!) and we had a great time in Chengdu and Tibet. The visa came three months later . . .

But I did not change addresses.

Still waiting for P2....... ;)

Good replies guys, go spend time with your love. If your boss is a ass better off not working there anyway. :roller: