Drinking hot water

On my first trip to China and meeting one of the lil' rabbit's older brothers he was very proud to show me that he had some Tang. I smiled to him and he graciously fixed me a glass. I probably hadn't had Tang in 45 or more years and when I took a quick drink...Golly Bob Howdy, it was boiling HOT!! OH DANG, HOT TANG...my taste buds scream in protest.

I don't know about "medicinal" purposes for hot water, but the hot Tang made me feel like a 6 year old astronaut...again.

tsap seui

Most water in china does need to be boiled to be safe for drinking. It is easier to serve while warm, after you boil it. Most people associate hot water with safe water.

Your body is 98.6oF normally, so if cold the body must use energy to heat the cold water up to body temp. drinking warm or mildly hot water is easier on the body. (no temperature changes need to made to the water)

If you were able to change, lower, the temperature of the acid in your stomach you could slow down the digestion of food and make it so unprocessed food entered you intestines.

Maybe combine all of these together and that is why many chinese think is bad for your to drink cold water.

Edited by Don (see edit history)
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my first trip to China and meeting one of the lil' rabbit's older brothers he was very proud to show me that he had some Tang. I smiled to him and he graciously fixed me a glass. I probably hadn't had Tang in 45 or more years and when I took a quick drink...Golly Bob Howdy, it was boiling HOT!! OH DANG, HOT TANG...my taste buds scream in protest.

I don't know about "medicinal" purposes for hot water, but the hot Tang made me feel like a 6 year old astronaut...again.

tsap seui

:roller: I don't care who ya are, that's funny.

Unless you can walk on the rice paper without breaking it... no luck there.... :blink: :P

[quote name='chilton747' date='Nov 13 2007, 10:55 AM'

Bottom line as timb says, my wife does love me in this way and I am very fortunate but I am not certain that I want to become a full fledged China man!!!! :roller:

this article was sent to me form my step father

I hope you find this info helpful.

This is a very good article. Not only about the warm water after your meal, but about heart attacks. The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea/water with their meals, not cold water, maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating.

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the di gestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine . Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.

You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack . Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive.

A cardiologist says if everyone who reads t his message sends it to a friend, it could save a life. So, please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends you care about.

Edited by michaln (see edit history)

this article was sent to me form my step father

I hope you find this info helpful.

This is a very good article. Not only about the warm water after your meal, but about heart attacks. The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea/water with their meals, not cold water, maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating.

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the di gestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine . Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.

You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack . Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive.

A cardiologist says if everyone who reads t his message sends it to a friend, it could save a life. So, please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends you care about.

As with all such things from the Internet,

Check snopes first

Portraying hot water as a miracle cure-all is a hard sale IMO.

Water is water not matter what form it is in. It can't be changed because it is already a simple compound as it is yet no life could live without it.

I remember as a kid this old guy telling us about water. He said that the water you drink today is the same water that was drunk 10 years, 100 years, a thousand years ago! Water doesn't change. It is not created nor destroyed. "water is water!"... :angry:

tsap seui

Most water in china does need to be boiled to be safe for drinking. It is easier to serve while warm, after you boil it. Most people associate hot water with safe water.

Your body is 98.6oF normally, so if cold the body must use energy to heat the cold water up to body temp. drinking warm or mildly hot water is easier on the body. (no temperature changes need to made to the water)

If you were able to change, lower, the temperature of the acid in your stomach you could slow down the digestion of food and make it so unprocessed food entered you intestines.

Maybe combine all of these together and that is why many chinese think is bad for your to drink cold water.

I have also heard that drinking water (hot or cold) soon before, during, and soon after a meal will dilute the stomach acid therefore making digestion more slow. I have a friend at work that always had stomach aches. He drank massive amounts of room temp water during the day and during his meals. He cut way back on his water intake around mealtime and his stomach aches went completely away. Makes sense to me.

tsap seui

I have also heard that drinking water (hot or cold) soon before, during, and soon after a meal will dilute the stomach acid therefore making digestion more slow. I have a friend at work that always had stomach aches. He drank massive amounts of room temp water during the day and during his meals. He cut way back on his water intake around mealtime and his stomach aches went completely away. Makes sense to me.

Yes, that is good addition to the potential effects.

The esophagus is a muscle, and it reacts the way our other muscles react when ice cold water hits it. That can lead to all kinds of problems. I have been through them.

Fortunately, the esophagus will heal naturally if it is not abused with things like ice cold water. I have been through that too, so I like the Chinese way of serving no water colder than room temperature.

JMHO

I totally agree with YHO..... :unsure:

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)