do you have to file within 90 day,s after marriage date and what will happen if file later

This is a gray area. As long as you married within 90 days after her entering the country you won't have any problem if you file for AOS after the 90 day period. I wouldn't drag my feet too long though.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

do you have to file within 90 day,s after marriage date and what will happen if file later

This is a gray area. As long as you married within 90 days after her entering the country you won't have any problem if you file for AOS after the 90 day period. I wouldn't drag my feet too long though.

I agree with Carl.

I've read cases where people didn't file the I-485 after being married for two years and passed their interview with only a slap on the hand by the IO.

Maybe they were lucky because I don't know what another IO would do in the same case so I wouldn't wait too aweful long.

Make very sure you do get married within 90 days. There is no gray area about the marriage. That must take place within 90 days. The actual filing of AOS does have a certain about of gray area grace period.

We filed a few days past 120 days and we were approved 10/30. From time of submission to time the GC was received, it was just a little under 120 days.

Good luck.