InfoPass Appointment

I arrived for my InfoPass appointment in Orlando @9 am with Lao Po standing by in China to answer the phone in case they wanted to verify information. Well, cell phones are absolutely not permitted inside USCIS, which sort of concerned me, but I was armed with the G-28 that Mengwei signed before she left.

I handed the clerk at the booth the appointment receipt and then printed a numbered ticket. There were 6 numbers ahead of me but I only waited 20 minutes until served. I approached the window with the G-28, and the officer asked me if I was an attorney. I replied "No," but I am representing the applicant as her husband. He told me the G-28 is only for attornies and those who are in a legal capacity to represent her. I tried to explain, but he called who I believe to be the supervisor and he confirmed.

But you know what, folks. He did discuss the case with me regarding the EAD application that was denied for not attending Biometrics appointment. I explained we never received the appointment or NOA 1, but received the denial letter to our address, which has not changed since filing. After a couple minutes on the computer, he verified that the case was in Jacksonville and that I would need to make another InfoPass appointment and speak with a specific person who is handling the case. He wrote the officer's name and handed it to me. I asked him if they would discuss the case with me without Mengwei's presence and said "Yes."

Edited by yimi386 (see edit history)

That's great that you got the "mission accomplished".

It sux that they are misinformed about the G-28.

The form is titled "Notice of Entry of Appearance as an Attorney or Representative"

The preamble repeatedly states "attorney or representative". If it was just for attorneys it would just say attorney. Box 4 "Others" clearly gives you a place to explain you're a husband, father, friend representing the principle.

Maybe one of the good reference "diggers" on CFL can find something in USCIS regulations that supports the concept of a non-attorney using this form as a representative so we can have something to wave in the faces of the uninformed.

Anyway ... congratulations, sounds like you're on the path of solving your issue.