more questions....

hello fellow petitioners....i am almost embarrassed to ask what i am sure is a simple question....what is "touched"?...i do not understand the meaning with this terminology....also...i have not called the CSC yet to inquire about the progress of the application....should i do this?....does it help?...and do you get any real report of any progress being made by doing this?..or does it just tick them off to have us bother them with doing this?....

The USCIS has an option under 'case status online' where a 'customer' can create a 'portfolio' account by adding the case number and other information concerning the individual(s).

In the portfolio is a field titled last updated.' When the date has changed or been updated to a new, moe recent date, this is termed as 'touched.'

There's no getting in touch with the service centers except by mail. All you can do is call the 1-800 nohelp number.

Sit back and relax. Time rolls on forever. :P

The USCIS has an option under 'case status online' where a 'customer' can create a 'portfolio' account by adding the case number and other information concerning the individual(s).

In the portfolio is a field titled last updated.' When the date has changed or been updated to a new, moe recent date, this is termed as 'touched.'

There's no getting in touch with the service centers except by mail. All you can do is call the 1-800 nohelp number.

Sit back and relax. Time rolls on forever. :P

I'm glad you posted this question, Steve.

I looked at my stepdaugter's online case and WoW!...it has been "touched!", with a new date, October 30, 2007. The last time it was touched was June 29, 2005. I take this as a very good sign!

Thanks for the question! No question is too stupid or embarrassing to ask. So ask away! That's what we're here for! :whistling:

hello fellow petitioners....i am almost embarrassed to ask what i am sure is a simple question....what is "touched"?...i do not understand the meaning with this terminology....also...i have not called the CSC yet to inquire about the progress of the application....should i do this?....does it help?...and do you get any real report of any progress being made by doing this?..or does it just tick them off to have us bother them with doing this?....

From what i've read at VJ's you are "touched" every time your file is passed to another person working on your file, so say man A. passes it to man B. they have to scan the file so they know exactly where that file is at all times, this results in a "touch". When they open up your file they scan it, when they close it they scan it etc... So if he takes his lunch break, your getting "touched".

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

Sit back and relax. Time rolls on forever. :)

I looked at my stepdaugter's online case and WoW!...it has been "touched!", with a new date, October 30, 2007. The last time it was touched was June 29, 2005. I take this as a very good sign!

Thanks for the question! No question is too stupid or embarrassing to ask. So ask away! That's what we're here for! :(

ok....so let me get this straight...when they do something with your case, there will be a notification of this?...i have checked my case online and also am signed up for the email updates as they happen...and so far have seen no evidence of anything happening except for the assignment of a case number....and btw...i have one more question....what is a "RFE"?...just i have seen this reference at the vj site...but i can not find any explanation for this acronym...again, thanks for your help

Sit back and relax. Time rolls on forever. :(

Thanks for the question! No question is too stupid or embarrassing to ask. So ask away! That's what we're here for! :P

ok....so let me get this straight...when they do something with your case, there will be a notification of this?...i have checked my case online and also am signed up for the email updates as they happen...and so far have seen no evidence of anything happening except for the assignment of a case number....and btw...i have one more question....what is a "RFE"?...just i have seen this reference at the vj site...but i can not find any explanation for this acronym...again, thanks for your help

Request for entervention? :) Not sure, but I know what it is! You get one if they need more information, you either didnt give enough info, you didnt give any, or you made a mistake that needs to be fixed.

**EDIT** check out what Carl posted: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16183

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

Sit back and relax. Time rolls on forever. :)

Thanks for the question! No question is too stupid or embarrassing to ask. So ask away! That's what we're here for! :(

Anytime your case is worked on, it will be updated in your portfolio. This is a touch.

Request For Evidence (RFE)

Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID).

I have listened to everyone's explanation of "touched" and find it less than amazing that they have given such explanations.

The true meaning has to do with your mental condition while waiting on the US Government to accomplish something and expecting swift results, "are you touched or something"? :)