EAD Notice of Decision

Just received a notice via snail mail stating:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9269/noticemu4.jpg

We never received Biometrics appointment as stated on the letter :) . What are the steps in filing a motion to reopen the case? When does the window of opportunity expire once USCIS makes a decision?

As some of you know, Mengwei is in China tending to her mother and tentatively arriving back stateside in late Dec. I did not file a G-28 with the application. What to do, what to do. :unsure:

Edited by yimi386 (see edit history)

Your timeline shows a biometric appointment on Aug 22. Did she go to that one?

Check the A #'s on all of the NOA1's and Appt (and this) notices to see if any are different. If so, schedule an InfoPass appt immediately to straighten it out.

Yes, for the I-485, which was completed on Aug.22. We never received NOA1 or Biometrics appointment for EAD. Only the case number is indicated on the notice I received today.

Well, the worse thing that can happen is that you lose your fee money.

Call the USCIS and explain it to them. At least get it on record. You might want to mail a letter to them also but do call. They might be able to work something out with you considering the circumstances.

-good luck

Call the USCIS and explain it to them. At least get it on record. You might want to mail a letter to them also but do call. They might be able to work something out with you considering the circumstances.

-good luck

They won't discuss the case with me unless she is present to answer questions over the phone.

-good luck

They won't discuss the case with me unless she is present to answer questions over the phone.

That's right. I forgot about that. But you can at least give it a try. You have nothing to lose.

Sorry for the troubles but like I said, the worst is you lose the fee.

-good luck

That's right. I forgot about that. But you can at least give it a try. You have nothing to lose.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and also schedule and INFOPASS appointment. Worse-case scenario is reapplying and sending the G-28 with it. What a pain in the arse.

-good luck

Thanks, I'll give it a try and also schedule and INFOPASS appointment. Worse-case scenario is reapplying and sending the G-28 with it. What a pain in the arse.

I have heard of cases where the beneficiary was able to give the okay to discuss the case over the phone. See if she can't be available at the time of the appointment.

See if you can find out the address they have for the EAD application. Does this denial notice have the correct address?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

-good luck

I have heard of cases where the beneficiary was able to give the okay to discuss the case over the phone. See if she can't be available at the time of the appointment.

See if you can find out the address they have for the EAD application. Does this denial notice have the correct address?

The only problem is that she's going to be back in the states in late Dec. The denial notice had the correct address. Just must be an oversight on their part, I assume, with all the backlog of cases filed.

-good luck

The only problem is that she's going to be back in the states in late Dec. The denial notice had the correct address. Just must be an oversight on their part, I assume, with all the backlog of cases filed.

Can she be at a telephone at the time of the InfoPass appt?

-good luck

Can she be at a telephone at the time of the InfoPass appt?

More than likely. I would schedule an 8 or 9 am appointment, since she is at home at this time in the evening. Good idea, Randy. I'm chatting with her right now and will explain to her.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9269/noticemu4.jpg

That must be distressing, especially at a time like this. So sorry to hear about this. Surely you can get it back on track?

Thanks for the concern, Toppy. Send my regards to Ping.

We never received Biometrics appointment as stated on the letter :lol: . What are the steps in filing a motion to reopen the case? When does the window of opportunity expire once USCIS makes a decision?

As some of you know, Mengwei is in China tending to her mother and tentatively arriving back stateside in late Dec. I did not file a G-28 with the application. What to do, what to do. :)

Dude, this totally sucks Yimi! :lol:

I'm very sorry to hear of this. More trouble for you two. :D

I hope you can get this straightened out promptly.

I think an InfoPass appointment is the next logical step in trying to resolve this issue. Good luck!

Concur that InfoPass is the way to handle this. I think I replied to you in another thread re InfoPass. If you did not get her to sign a G-28 prior to her departure then fill one out now and e-mail it to her in China. Have her print it and sign it then have a camera/photo shop in China scan the signed G-28, give it to her as a pdf file, and e-mail back to you.

I cannot overemphasize the importance of G-28's.

Not sure how/if USCIS will accept a printed pdf G-28 so have her available for a call, made from your phone (USCIS will not call China for you) during the time of her appointment.

Make the appointment in her name with her A number and make it for two people, as I have previously outlined. You will show up solo, as #2, with the pdf printed G-28 in hand. If necessary call her when you speak to an IO to futher get her permission to act on her behalf.

Good luck!

Concur that InfoPass is the way to handle this. I think I replied to you in another thread re InfoPass. If you did not get her to sign a G-28 prior to her departure then fill one out now and e-mail it to her in China. Have her print it and sign it then have a camera/photo shop in China scan the signed G-28, give it to her as a pdf file, and e-mail back to you.

Not sure how/if USCIS will accept a printed pdf G-28 so have her available for a call, made from your phone (USCIS will not call China for you) during the time of her appointment.

Make the appointment in her name with her A number and make it for two people, as I have previously outlined. You will show up solo, as #2, with the pdf printed G-28 in hand. If necessary call her when you speak to an IO to futher get her permission to act on her behalf.

Good luck!

Thanks, I will schedule an InfoPass ASAP.