I-751 package lost in the mail

We went to the UPS store in our neighborhood on Tuesday to mail our removal of conditions application. We were told the only way to send to a PO box so that we can track it is through USPS express mail and that the soonest it would arrive is Thursday. We paid $27 for this service.

Yesterday we were checking the status to make sure it was delivered and it was coming up as not in the system. My husband left work 2 hours early and spent the afternoon going back and forth between the post office and the UPS store, both of whom are claiming no responsibility. The USPS says that they do not do business with UPS. UPS apparently takes your package (and money), stamps it and gives it to the postman.

Of course my husband is furious and telling them that they should not accept money for a service they cannot perform. They are offering us a refund but we really need that package back. It will take a few days to duplicate the application, we have copies of most of the stuff but things like the notorized letters and pictures have to be re-done. Not to mention the $545 money order and financial information that is now floating around out there somewhere. And of course the timeline is always in the back of our minds.

This is so frustrating, it makes me really angry that we are unable to send our important immigragion documents through certified mail and that only a PO box is available. I just hope we hear back today that they found our application.

I wanted to post this story somewhere that people can understand how upsetting this is for us!

UPS can send to USCIS but you need to provide the Currier address for the service center not PO Box, these address are listed on USCIS site and in the package directions.

Personaly I have used the good old United States Post Office for this, they can deliver to PO Boxes, give you traceable method using Certified Priority mail. Might as well used one department of the US government to deliver my package to another part of the government.

NOTE: If using overnight delivery by any private service provider, send your package to:

USCIS

Nebraska Service Center

850 S Street

P.O. Box (Insert Correct P.O. Box Number)

Lincoln, NE 68508

Be sure to include the appropriate P.O. Box number on the shipping label.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

Now they are saying that they often deliver packages without scanning them in. So of course then we're like, what's the point of paying almost $30 to track it if they aren't even going to use the system? And it could take up to 6 weeks to get a NOA from USCIS so we need to know before then. Hope we can get confirmation somehow.

Wish I would have known that there is an actual street address we can send it to before so we could have sent it certified and avoided all this.

Now they are saying that they often deliver packages without scanning them in. So of course then we're like, what's the point of paying almost $30 to track it if they aren't even going to use the system? And it could take up to 6 weeks to get a NOA from USCIS so we need to know before then. Hope we can get confirmation somehow.

Wish I would have known that there is an actual street address we can send it to before so we could have sent it certified and avoided all this.

Did you use a personal check to pay the fee? If so you will know they got it when the check is cashed, and if your bank provides scans you should be able to get case number off the back of the check.

No, we got a money order.

Looks like it is waiting time for either NOA1 or Biometrics letter.

From what I read NOA1 for I-751 is fairly quick.

I have faith in the USPS. I used them exclusively and never had a problem. I find it hard to believe they would lose a certified package as important as yours. If you can't trace your number, then someone dropped the ball. It doesn't mean that your package wasn't delivered. It only means you can't confirm it. If it was me I would let the post office know how disappointed you are and demand a refund since you can't track it and that was the most important to you except delivery which I'm sure it was delivered.

Sorry about the mess up. I'd let the post office know how you feel.

-good luck

I have faith in the USPS. I used them exclusively and never had a problem. I find it hard to believe they would lose a certified package as important as yours. If you can't trace your number, then someone dropped the ball. It doesn't mean that your package wasn't delivered. It only means you can't confirm it. If it was me I would let the post office know how disappointed you are and demand a refund since you can't track it and that was the most important to you except delivery which I'm sure it was delivered.

-good luck

They used the UPS store NOT the post office. United Parcel Service does not deliver to USPS PO Boxes.

-good luck

They used the UPS store NOT the post office. United Parcel Service does not deliver to USPS PO Boxes.

We were told the only way to send to a PO box so that we can track it is through USPS express mail and that the soonest it would arrive is Thursday. We paid $27 for this service.

The above is what I read. Which way did you send it, Amber? USPS or UPS?

That is frustrating, but I agree, that it probably just means you can't track it, but it was probably delivered ok. So frustrating though; and I agree with your husband - they shouldn't take money for a service they're not going to perform.

Since I'm cheap, I've just used USPS for everything, and been able to track things using our bank (to see when the check gets cashed).

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably get the notice that it was received soon (if not ... then .... well don't worry about that now).

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

UPS can send to USCIS but you need to provide the Currier address for the service center not PO Box, these address are listed on USCIS site and in the package directions.

It looks like UPS actually used USPS service (and dropped it in a mailbox), so in that case, it looks like the PO Box should still work, no?

In general, if I were to take an express mail package to the post office, they are okay with just a PO Box number, though, right?

We just got confirmation that it was delivered. What a relief.

I'm still very annoyed though that USPS doesn't seem to be using their own tracking system that we are paying extra for.

I think the best thing is always to mail to an actual address so that you can send it certified and not have to worry.

We just got confirmation that it was delivered. What a relief.

I'm still very annoyed though that USPS doesn't seem to be using their own tracking system that we are paying extra for.

I think the best thing is always to mail to an actual address so that you can send it certified and not have to worry.

Fantastic!

That' one less thing you have to worry about. :unsure: