Quick I-129F Question

Thanks everyone that helped me with my last post. I feel so much more relaxed and calm about everything now. I'm putting the finishing touches on my I-129F and I am trying to show proof of an ongoing relationship. In addition to other stuff I'm including I was going to put my flight itinerary for my next trip in Feb 08. I haven't got my Chinese visa yet, I'll apply for that in a few weeks, but I was thinking today that USCIS might RFE me for not having a valid visa yet. What does everyone think?

They will not. They could care less about your Chinese visa at this point. BUT ... the flight itinerary will not have much weight as anyone can generate a similar document in a few minutes.

Where the trip will count is at her interview when she shows evidence of your trip. The primary evidence that you made the trip can consist of scans of your ticket, boarding passes, Chinese visa, and passport stamps.

Of course one of the biggest evidence benefits of the trip will be photos of you and her at various times and places. The photos are even better if they show family members and friends in addition to both of you.

Guest Rob & Jin

They will not. They could care less about your Chinese visa at this point. BUT ... the flight itinerary will not have much weight as anyone can generate a similar document in a few minutes.

Where the trip will count is at her interview when she shows evidence of your trip. The primary evidence that you made the trip can consist of scans of your ticket, boarding passes, Chinese visa, and passport stamps.

Of course one of the biggest evidence benefits of the trip will be photos of you and her at various times and places. The photos are even better if they show family members and friends in addition to both of you.

Hello, welcome to CFL and the long wait. Good luck to you

In a nutshell what the I-129 F does is it goes to a service center where it is checked over for errors, proper fees and anything that may disqualify your sweet heart for a marriage based visa. They aren't concerned with your future trips to China. They are only concerned that she meets the requirements. Once approved it is forwarded to the NVC where some security checks are done and it gets assigned a GUZ number. Next it goes to a DHL warehouse in Guangahou where it sits for 5+ weeks until it clears customs and is picked up by the consulate. It is at this point that you need to start gathering all your evidence of relationship for the interview. It is not a bad idea to include what evidence of relationship you already have with the I-129 since a visa officer may read it at interview but don't over do it. Remember the more stuff you include the more stuff they have to question.

USCIS is more concerned with evidence of meeting in person withing the past 2 years. (Chinese Entry/Exit stamps, past used visas, prior itinerary, a few pictures together, One picture of you with her family is nice) (I included a few emails, chat log, and Skype log up to the filing)

Guangzhou is concerned with the continuing relationship evidence. (Emails, additional trips, chat logs, phone records, etc..)

And I'm eventually sending this to the California Service Center, correct?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/tem...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Just a little confused because of this.....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

I live in Illinois by the way

California is correct for Illinois, USCIS changed the filing location July 30, and not all pages and the forms have not been updated yet.

A person who filed I-130 for a K-3 visa to Nebraska would send their I-129F to Nebraska also.

And I'm eventually sending this to the California Service Center, correct?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/tem...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Just a little confused because of this.....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

I live in Illinois by the way

California is correct for Illinois, USCIS changed the filing location July 30, and not all pages and the forms have not been updated yet.

A person who filed I-130 for a K-3 visa to Nebraska would send their I-129F to Nebraska also.

Thanks for the confirmation!