EAD Question

we are about ready to renew ChunYans EAD...

it expires middle of november and i dont see the light at the end of the tunnel for her AOS.

i was reading about the EAD and it says it can not be renewed.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf

would not she still be considered a K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiance?

or is there some type of extention you have to file for?

as soon as we throw 300 and some odd dollars down for her EAD and 300 some odd dollars down for her AP.

she'll get her green card <_<

You should be able to renew it under (c )(9), pending application for adjustment of status.

The EAD cannot be renewed under (a)(6), K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) of U.S. Citizen due to the 90 days the visa is good for.

Try renewing it online and see how that works. I did that for my wife but we are K3. I wasted $175 because right after I renewed it, she got her AOS appointment letter.

-good luck

Just be careful of the "EAD gap" issue; gap between when her current card expires and when she gets the next physical card.

It's recommended to renew 90 days in advance since that is the time you can get a temp one if the physical one has not arrived.

BTW: You are supposed to be able to use the filing receipt as proof to the employer that the next one is coming, but some employers might not like accepting it.

will filing AP interupt our AOS at all?

ive heard some rumors over on WOWPIC's that it has basically put a stick in the spokes with i485 filing.

the girl had a pending AP filed then she got her interview date.

the VO told her at her interview that when she returns from China she will recieve her green card, shes still waiting.

she said its been 3 years so far, 2 years since her interview.

she made an info pass appointment and they told her its pending.

Edited by izus (see edit history)

will filing AP interupt our AOS at all?

ive heard some rumors over on WOWPIC's that it has basically put a stick in the spokes with i485 filing.

NO it wont. AP is just getting permission to travel abroad while the AOS is being processed.

Don't forget to include a copy of the mailer from your first card and a copy of your current EAD card.

whats mailer?

Paper sheet that your current EAD card came attached to.

Yan said all that came was the card ....no paper sheet. I was not home when she got the mail. What now if we need to renew?

We renewed without ours, since I didn't know to use it - it came anyway after 60 days with the correct start and end dates.

They figure out who you are, but it may help in some way.

Don't forget to include a copy of the mailer from your first card and a copy of your current EAD card.

whats mailer?

Yan said all that came was the card ....no paper sheet. I was not home when she got the mail. What now if we need to renew?

It's the card holder, the same as credit cards are sent in.

Just send them a copy of front and back of the currunt EAD.

They need the bar code.

Once they cross reference the A #, they will know you

are screwed in the FBI security check and issue a new card.

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)

whats mailer?

It's the card holder, the same as credit cards are sent in.

Just send them a copy of front and back of the currunt EAD.

WE can hope to have green card by then ......maybe

They need the bar code.

Once they cross reference the A #, they will know you

are screwed in the FBI security check and issue a new card.