living in china... how!, I dont know who else to turn to!

Guest Rob & Jin

Of course this was all before the new 1 year multi visas. :)

but the 1 year multi visas also have a limited time you can stay per visit... just means it's good to use [for travel] for a year; not that you can stay for a year, right?

90 days per visit, i believe

Of course this was all before the new 1 year multi visas. :lol:

but the 1 year multi visas also have a limited time you can stay per visit... just means it's good to use [for travel] for a year; not that you can stay for a year, right?

90 days per visit, i believe

I would of thought too...

All my visas so far had been 90 days; when I got the 1 year multi, each stay was listed as 60 days.

Tack another 30 days on top of the 90 days for the new 1 year "L" visa.

I have recently received my 1 year mutliple entry "L" visa and it states on the visa that you can stay 120 days per visit.

Here is what is posted on the visarite.com web site:

http://visarite.com/touristvisa.htm

To wait out the visa process with your SO/wife, you may only have to exit and return 3 times to finish all.

Clayton

I have recently received my 1 year mutliple entry "L" visa and it states on the visa that you can stay 120 days per visit.

To wait out the visa process with your SO/wife, you may only have to exit and return 3 times to finish all.

Clayton

I am looking at mine right now dated 10/10/2007 issuance

Categories (L)

Duration of each stay 030

Entries (M)

If I knew to post a pic of it , I would attach to this message.

Clayton

Categories (L)

Entries (M)

I am at a loss for an explanation of the difference you have with your visa versus mine.

My recent Chinese visa is good from 09AUG2007 to 09AUG2008 and clearly reads: DURATION OF EACH STAY 120 DAYS AFTER ENTRY.

Like yours, Category "L" and Entries "M"

Looking at all my past "L" visas for 1 or 2 visits per visa, each allow 90 DAYS AFTER ENTRY.

I did purchase my visa from visarite.com as I have all of them. It arrived as their site states.

Makes me wonder???

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Clayton

Categories (L)

Entries (M)

I am at a loss for an explanation of the difference you have with your visa versus mine.

My recent Chinese visa is good from 09AUG2007 to 09AUG2008 and clearly reads: DURATION OF EACH STAY 120 DAYS AFTER ENTRY.

Looking at all my past "L" visas for 1 or 2 visits per visa, each allow 90 DAYS AFTER ENTRY.

I did purchase my visa from visarite.com as I have all of them. It arrived as their site states.

Makes me wonder???

Clayton

Guest Rob & Jin

Clayton

Categories (L)

Entries (M)

Makes me wonder???

Clayton

The duration of stay of a "L" visa is 30 days, which means the holder of the visa may stay in China for up to 30 days from the date of entry.The visa officer may extend the Duration of Stay if the applicant needs and requests a stay in China for more than 30 days.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/default.htm

I must laugh. I have gone to the links posted and found both 30 and 120 days to be listed.

I googled Chinese "L" visas and found some sites supporting the 120 days and some supporting the 30 days. Go figure.

It is beyond me. I only know what my visa reads in my passport.

In reality, I myself won't be staying longer then three weeks at the most on this next trip so it is irrelevant to me, but not perhaps to the OP who does not frequent this site since we here at CFL are all "evil."

Clayton

hey everyone. i'm the guy that wrote the original post on VJ. Sorry about calling this site evil. actually.. i was reffering to the site itself, not the people. and actually, i wasn't being very rational... i was stressing out and it was late at night.

Actually.. when i was in china, CFL.com didnt let me register... i think that was cause China was blocking that request (they block web sites sometimes, for some reason). And then i tried to post the other day, and it didnt let me. anyways, this web site is awsome, and so are the people. I was just pissed at the situation. sorry everyone.

By the way, i am married, but i didnt have a wedding. (yes.. that means i had a civil marriage, but now we are going to have a church wedding.) That is how i got the NOA1 for the I-130.

Hope that clears things up. Thanks for the help everyone. you guys do rock.

Guest Rob & Jin

hey everyone. i'm the guy that wrote the original post on VJ. Sorry about calling this site evil. actually.. i was reffering to the site itself, not the people. and actually, i wasn't being very rational... i was stressing out and it was late at night.

Actually.. when i was in china, CFL.com didnt let me register... i think that was cause China was blocking that request (they block web sites sometimes, for some reason). And then i tried to post the other day, and it didnt let me. anyways, this web site is awsome, and so are the people. I was just pissed at the situation. sorry everyone.

By the way, i am married, but i didnt have a wedding. (yes.. that means i had a civil marriage, but now we are going to have a church wedding.) That is how i got the NOA1 for the I-130.

Welcome to CFL, can you post your timeline as your avatar signature please.

Welcome to CFL. Glad you made it.