living in china... how!, I dont know who else to turn to!

for SURE this isnt the right place to ask this question, but i dont know where else to go! Even "candle for love" is evil and doesnt let me ask, and thats supposed to be for my kind of situation.

anyway.. here we go..

Im going to china on jan. 17, 2008, and i want to live there until my wife's visa (CR-1) goes through. i JUST got the NOA1 like, 2 weeks ago... that took FOREVER (month and a half at least)... so i'm probably gonna have to wait a long while in china... actually.. our wedding is march 26 in Guangzhou. I doubt the visa will even be available by that time! (but lets hope it is). anyways.. so my plan is to stay in china at least 3-6 months. and i'll NEED to exit mainland to go to HK/Macau a couple of times (3 or so) in those months. AND i would want to work too (probably illigally, as a teacher or something..but it would be nice to do so legally). anyways... i went to the chinese embassy web site and its so confusing... I wont begin to pretend to understand. but yes, ive checked it out.

the point is.. i need help! who can tell me what i should do? what i should apply for? how can i enter and exit so many times easily? or at least be allowed to stay in GZ for more then 30 days at a time. i want to live with my wife in peace.

help me VJ.com! I dont know who else to ask!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92521

Notice the parts in BOLD How can a person file I-130 for a spouse without a marriage cert?

for SURE this isnt the right place to ask this question, but i dont know where else to go! Even "candle for love" is evil and doesnt let me ask, and thats supposed to be for my kind of situation.

anyway.. here we go..

Im going to china on jan. 17, 2008, and i want to live there until my wife's visa (CR-1) goes through. i JUST got the NOA1 like, 2 weeks ago... that took FOREVER (month and a half at least)... so i'm probably gonna have to wait a long while in china... actually.. our wedding is march 26 in Guangzhou. I doubt the visa will even be available by that time! (but lets hope it is). anyways.. so my plan is to stay in china at least 3-6 months. and i'll NEED to exit mainland to go to HK/Macau a couple of times (3 or so) in those months. AND i would want to work too (probably illigally, as a teacher or something..but it would be nice to do so legally). anyways... i went to the chinese embassy web site and its so confusing... I wont begin to pretend to understand. but yes, ive checked it out.

the point is.. i need help! who can tell me what i should do? what i should apply for? how can i enter and exit so many times easily? or at least be allowed to stay in GZ for more then 30 days at a time. i want to live with my wife in peace.

Notice the parts in BOLD How can a person file I-130 for a spouse without a marriage cert?

CFL evil? Is this someone who lives in a parallel universe and managed to slip through a worm?

Edited by yimi386 (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

anyway.. here we go..

CFL evil? Is this someone who lives in a parallel universe and managed to slip through a worm?

EVILDOERS REPENT!

He could be referring to the ceremonial wedding for family... not the "sign on the dotted line" done at the official office.

he claims to have an NOA1 (for something).. not really worth thinking too much about since it's not clear and he's not here to clarify...

Maybe he asked a question to GUZSpeaks and it was deleted since it was case specific... not sure... but I think the rules are clear on posting there if one reads them.

Guest ShaQuaNew

He could be referring to the ceremonial wedding for family... not the "sign on the dotted line" done at the official office.

he claims to have an NOA1 (for something).. not really worth thinking too much about since it's not clear and he's not here to clarify...

Maybe he asked a question to GUZSpeaks and it was deleted since it was case specific... not sure... but I think the rules are clear on posting there if one reads them.

Or "maybe" he's here to turn us away from our EVIL ways!

:hump:

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

anyway.. here we go..

I think you can start with the new visa 1 year multiply entry. You need and invite, one from you fiance should be okay. you will have to go to hong kong every so many days(60 or 90 i am not sure) to renew the visa. Once in china you might be able to convert it to a working permit. I think to start the marriage visa you must be married, if you marry while on a K1 than you must start over.

Don

My thinking also, David, after reading his post.

He says he has NOA1 already for his wife so I'm assuming he's speaking of the I-130.

The March wedding must be a ceremonial wedding for friends and family for the license he already has to marry.

I don't know about the "evil" remark. Who stepped on his toes? :hump:

Guest Rob & Jin

My thinking also, David, after reading his post.

He says he has NOA1 already for his wife so I'm assuming he's speaking of the I-130.

The March wedding must be a ceremonial wedding for friends and family for the license he already has to marry.

I don't know about the "evil" remark. Who stepped on his toes? :rolleyes:

I dont recall ever seeing him post here

I think you can start with the new visa 1 year multiply entry. You need and invite, one from you fiance should be okay. you will have to go to hong kong every so many days(60 or 90 i am not sure) to renew the visa. Once in china you might be able to convert it to a working permit. I think to start the marriage visa you must be married, if you marry while on a K1 than you must start over.

Don

You do not need an invitation for a one year multi-entry L visa for China. You need make no mention of a wife or girlfriend; tourism is suifficient reason to get the visa.

You can request 90 day visits but it's not assured that you will get them. They issue 30, 60, and 90 ... I haven't figured out what the trick is. Last time they gave me 60 day visits.

You exit and re-enter not to renew the visa but to comply with the period limitations.

anyway.. here we go..

The first thing that came to my mind was: teach, as in teach English? :blink: The way this person writes, he'll do more damage than good.

GZBill has mentioned that China is really cracking down on those foreigners teaching illegally in China. Without a formal Z visa to teach, I think it'll be harder to get by teaching with the L or F visas, as was previously done so often.

You can request 90 day visits but it's not assured that you will get them. They issue 30, 60, and 90 ... I haven't figured out what the trick is. Last time they gave me 60 day visits.

As a rule (not set in stone and depending upon which Consulate issues it) the first time you apply you get the 30 day. If you really do go, they check to see how long you stay and what your second application asks for. Normally the second visa issues after 1 year of visas in your passport is a 60 day. The third application they check again and if it has been more than 2 years of visas in your passport and you have used them, and you request it, and you have stayed in China long enough before to warrent it, you can get the 90 day.

Houston is the most generous Consulate to get the extended stay.

Of course this was all before the new 1 year multi visas. :blink:

As a rule (not set in stone and depending upon which Consulate issues it) the first time you apply you get the 30 day. If you really do go, they check to see how long you stay and what your second application asks for. Normally the second visa issues after 1 year of visas in your passport is a 60 day. The third application they check again and if it has been more than 2 years of visas in your passport and you have used them, and you request it, and you have stayed in China long enough before to warrent it, you can get the 90 day.

Houston is the most generous Consulate to get the extended stay.

Of course this was all before the new 1 year multi visas. <_<

Makes sense Mike and is consistent with my experience. I'll have a new US passport when next I apply for a Chinese visa. Based on what you've said I'll include a copy of my first two visas and the multiple visits.