I'll be surprised if it's due to one page of the G-325a.. that's been an acceptable submission method for maybe 5 years.

Just wait for the package to see what the issue is... not sure USCIS can tell you, but why not call.

Do let us know the cause... I'm sure everyone is waiting on bated breath, but none more than you...

Guest ShaQuaNew

The running consensus with most immigration issues is to avoid using a lawyer in nearly all situations. The only time it might be appropriate to use a lawyer is AFTER you've filed yourself and later were subsequently notified by immigration authorities of a complicated anomaly, or a serious denial case. That does not happen often.

But, for now, you began by using a lawyer. There is no need to continue using that lawyer. I would request that they provide you with all your original paperwork and files and finish the process yourself.

I've heard of paperwork being rejected in this manner before. It's usually never a serious issue and could even be an error on the part of the USCIS. The most important thing you can do now is to refrain from speculating or listening to speculation about the reason for the rejection. There is absolutely no way of knowing until you see the USCIS response.

The running consensus with most immigration issues is to avoid using a lawyer in nearly all situations. The only time it might be appropriate to use a lawyer is AFTER you've filed yourself and later were subsequently notified by immigration authorities of a complicated anomaly, or a serious denial case. That does not happen often.

But, for now, you began by using a lawyer. There is no need to continue using that lawyer. I would request that they provide you with all your original paperwork and files and finish the process yourself.

I've heard of paperwork being rejected in this manner before. It's usually never a serious issue and could even be an error on the part of the USCIS. The most important thing you can do now is to refrain from speculating or listening to speculation about the reason for the rejection. There is absolutely no way of knowing until you see the USCIS response.

I just talked to the USCIS and my worst fears were confirmed.

They said that they've shipped my package back, but i might not receive it for 30 days. Once I receive it and send it back, I'm issued a new receipt number, thereby rendering my initial August 22 receipt date useless.

I feel really down right now, since I've lost 6 weeks already. I guess I just have to stay positive and hopefully things will work out sooner rather than later.

I just talked to the USCIS and my worst fears were confirmed.

They said that they've shipped my package back, but i might not receive it for 30 days. Once I receive it and send it back, I'm issued a new receipt number, thereby rendering my initial August 22 receipt date useless.

I feel really down right now, since I've lost 6 weeks already. I guess I just have to stay positive and hopefully things will work out sooner rather than later.

Try not to feel down humblestudent. Staying humble can only help. Getting my wife here is going to take me at least 3 and a half years so. 6 months does not sound too bad to me :eatyum: