Peanut skin

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have directions for defating peanut skins?

The biggest change I have seen in red blood count is taking Procrit shots or living at different altitudes. Recommended red blood cell counts vary by altitude. At a higher altitude you have more cells. Generally the number of cells is constant until you change altitude or get anemia which is caused by low count. When my iron count got high, I gave a quart of blood which got the iron count down. Red cells increasing with altitude keep your energy about the same at all heights. The trouble is that it takes a few days to make those cells.

The biggest change I have seen in red blood count is taking Procrit shots or living at different altitudes. Recommended red blood cell counts vary by altitude. At a higher altitude you have more cells. Generally the number of cells is constant until you change altitude or get anemia which is caused by low count. When my iron count got high, I gave a quart of blood which got the iron count down. Red cells increasing with altitude keep your energy about the same at all heights. The trouble is that it takes a few days to make those cells.

The best I can find on defatting peanut skins is by using hexane and leaving them to dry for a certain amount of time. Sounds dangerous to me :greenblob: Why would they need to be defatted? Interesting about the altitude thing. I didn't know this. The best I can tell, my wife says her red blood cell count goes down and she has little or no energy along with bad headaches.

How are you doing these days Ski? It's good to hear from you :greenblob:

The best I can find on defatting peanut skins is by using hexane and leaving them to dry for a certain amount of time. Sounds dangerous to me :D Why would they need to be defatted? Interesting about the altitude thing. I didn't know this. The best I can tell, my wife says her red blood cell count goes down and she has little or no energy along with bad headaches.

How are you doing these days Ski? It's good to hear from you :lol:

The most common method used in industry would be methylene Chloride or maybe hexane, but it must be controlled and done with good tooling. That is how coffee is decaffeinated and other food processes are done. MC is not good for you, so the process must be tightly controlled.

But I do not think you need to process the skins, just use them with no processes. I think the main thing you should consider is peanut mold. Peanut mold is very carcinogen.

The best I can find on defatting peanut skins is by using hexane and leaving them to dry for a certain amount of time. Sounds dangerous to me :D Why would they need to be defatted? Interesting about the altitude thing. I didn't know this. The best I can tell, my wife says her red blood cell count goes down and she has little or no energy along with bad headaches.

The most common method used in industry would be methylene Chloride or maybe hexane, but it must be controlled and done with good tooling. That is how coffee is decaffeinated and other food processes are done. MC is not good for you, so the process must be tightly controlled.

But I do not think you need to process the skins, just use them with no processes. I think the main thing you should consider is peanut mold. Peanut mold is very carcinogen.

Man it is a good thing that I quit drinking coffee :lol: What other foods use this similar process? Are you talking about peanut "mold" as in "mildew"?

Man it is a good thing that I quit drinking coffee :lol: What other foods use this similar process? Are you talking about peanut "mold" as in "mildew"?

Expensive coffee uses a water process instead of the methylene chloride to remove the caffine.

Yes, just common mold or mildew. That is why most peanuts in the US are cooked some how. Cooked peanuts will not make mold.

Expensive coffee uses a water process instead of the methylene chloride to remove the caffine.

Yes, just common mold or mildew. That is why most peanuts in the US are cooked some how. Cooked peanuts will not make mold.

Thanks Don I will have to make sure my wife only drinks peanut skin tea from cooked peanuts.

I only mentioned defatting because it was in the articial. I like mine with shells on.

I will be a lot better when I can walk with out the walker. Hopefully the nerves will grow back by Xmas. I can feel them trying to hook back up but wish they would hurry. The Dr says they grow about as fast as hair so I am growing a beard so I can see how fast that is.

I only mentioned defatting because it was in the articial. I like mine with shells on.

I will be a lot better when I can walk with out the walker. Hopefully the nerves will grow back by Xmas. I can feel them trying to hook back up but wish they would hurry. The Dr says they grow about as fast as hair so I am growing a beard so I can see how fast that is.

May your beard grow as fast as a snow storm comes on Denver. :D