Hi,

We don't have our P4 yet, but on the GZ website there are two hospitals in GZ on the list, one cheaper and one more expensive. Which one is better to use efficiency wise? Do they open on weekend? How long does it take to get all the medical exam reports?

Thanks.

Personally, I recommend the International Health Care Center. They are slightly more expensive, but they are very convienent (a few hundred yards from the Consulate) and are efficient and clean.

For details on times and fees to get same day results, give them a call.

(020)81887716, 81854600

Guest Long_strider

An appointment is not necessary. I would recommend that you arrive early in the morning. If you arrive later in the day, there will be many people and the waiting will be much longer.

Mi.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiancee is in GZ. She went to the international center early at 8:30am, and finished all the exam at about 10:30am. She said there were a lot of people. She paid RMB$30 to expedite the report, but, strangely, they looked at her interview appointment letter, and said she can pick up' the report one day before her interview day, which is 4 days later. And, she was told that if she obtains her visa, she can come back to do the immunization shots.

This worries me. I hope they will produce the report on the said day; otherwise, she won't have it for the interview the next day. How long did it take for you or your fiancee to pick up the' exam report? I think the immunization shots are for the I-485' application in US?

Thanks.

It took us the next day. It's better to be safe and see if you can pick up the results as early as possible.

As for the shots, yes they are for the I-485. But, after researching about the I-485 now, because that's the stage we're at now, I believe that the shots must now be completed by BCIS approved doctors. So I don't know if the shots taken abroad will satisfy. We decided not to take the shots in GZ. I learned about this on the BCIS site for the I-485.

Guest Long_strider

We have the shots taken at the internatinoal health center after the interview. The vaccines were all produced in the USA according to the labels.

The vaccination sheet needs to be completed by a BCIS doctor in the US, but with the documentation provided by the health center there should be no problem with the BCIS completing the standard form.

The cost is much less than if you have them performed in the USA.

We found that it was no problem.

Mi and Yuqing

She paid RMB$30 to expedite the report, but, strangely, they looked at her interview appointment letter, and said she can pick up' the report one day before her interview day, which is 4 days later.  And, she was told that if she obtains her visa, she can come back to do the immunization shots.

My gal went there this morning (Beijing time) at 8:00am she told me there were lot of people waiting for the medicals. After about an hour or so she got everything done and was told to come back tommorow afternoon to pick up results. She paid 50 rmb to expedite it and was willing to pay 100 for the same day pick up. But they her it just can't be done in the same day. :D

:( My fiancee passed the interview and got the visa on July 3rd!! :(

She got there a little before 8:30am, and came out at about 11:30am, lots of people there but orderly. A young male caucasian interviewed her. He spoke Mandarin with her. At first she had problem understanding his Mandarin, and then she got used to it and understood what he asked. He asked some simple questions:

1. What does your fiance do in US?

2. Does he like his job?

3. How did you know each other?

4. What are your plans in US?

5. How many times have you met your fiance?

6. Can you speak English?

For evidence, he only looked at some photos, and didn't look at other things much. We think the photos spoke for us. A picture is worth a thousand words. :blink:

At the same time, he asked for the required documents one by one. It is strange that he didn't get the affidivit of support from her. Did he forget to get it from her? :(

Finally, he asked her to come back at 2:00PM to pick up the visa.

I am glad we hit another milestone. It is a long journey, and I am happy it has just begun.

Luke

Major congratulations!!!!! To me the interview is both the most dreaded and the happiest part of this whole ordeal. I t seems preparation is the most important part of passing but a large part is also due to the luck of the draw on which interviewer you get.