Went to INS today for info

I went to INS in Boston today to help my friend for info. Her temp green card will be expired in January. Since my friend's English is not good, I went there to translate for her. The INS clerk didn't want me to speak at all. First, She wanted to see her green card and then her Chinese passport. Then she asked questions to my friend. I tried to talk but the clerk told me that she just wants to talk to the person with the green card. Pretty rude. :angry: :angry:

I went to INS in Boston today to help my friend for info.  Her temp green card will be expired in January. Since my friend's English is not good, I went there to translate for her.  The INS clerk didn't want me to speak at all. First, She wanted to see her green card and then her Chinese passport.  Then she asked questions to my friend.  I tried to talk but the clerk told me that she just wants to talk to the person with the green card.  Pretty rude. :angry: :angry:

Oh ye, after all these VISA delay over, we will all deal with INS. It will be another pain axx. Life goes on. :(

James,

Last week when Bob, Alan, and I went to the Boston City Hall to take photos for the article, everyone had to go thru the metal detector machine. At INS, only visitors go thru the metal detector machine. Employees just showed their ID to a guard and they are in. With tight security these days, the federal employees should also go thru the metal detector machine. I don't think our government know what they are doing.

I went to INS in Boston today to help my friend for info.  Her temp green card will be expired in January.   Since my friend's English is not good, I went there to translate for her.  The INS clerk didn't want me to speak at all.   First, She wanted to see her green card and then her Chinese passport.  Then she asked questions to my friend.  I tried to talk but the clerk told me that she just wants to talk to the person with the green card.  Pretty rude.   :lol:   :)

Tony what did you expect. You should have asked to speak to the Manager or their Supervisor...

Tony, at City Hall employees with proper ID's do not have to go through the security gates. Having employees avoid these checks speed up the process a bit..