EAD card came today

Yan's EAD card came today. It was good from September 13 2007 for 1 year. It was mailed on September 20th .Same day as our interview.

LIB, what's your feeling towards this?

For me personally, I'd be a little pissed. It's almost as if they're teasing you.

Hello - the EAD card may be the only way she gets to work for up to 2 or 3 years, depending on the FBI check.

If they had to pay extra for it (filing before the fee increase), it's very valuable insurance.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Yan's EAD card came today. It was good from September 13 2007 for 1 year. It was mailed on September 20th .Same day as our interview.

LIB, what's your feeling towards this?

For me personally, I'd be a little pissed. It's almost as if they're teasing you.

We were told at the interview that EAD card is held up until after the interview. If AOS and FBI check was approved then no EAD would be sent.

Pissed ....by now we realize this is how the government works. In my mind everything in our case went smooth. If you are not in a hurry. From interview in GUZ land to the one in Buffalo.This I am thankfull . Many of you members had and have at present time a far more difficult time than Yan and I. My heart goes out to you. In dealing with Buffalo interview we went with the kitchen sink and little was requested. Back during the IMBRA situation I talked to an immigration lawyer just on the phone.(no charge for a few IMBRA questions). As we had filed the papers to vermont already he mentioned that he could handle the AOS paperwork for us when the time came. For only $1500.00 . If we used him I would have been PISSED. as things went so smooth without him. .

;)

Pissed ....by now we realize this is how the government works. In my mind everything in our case went smooth. If you are not in a hurry. From interview in GUZ land to the one in Buffalo.This I am thankfull . Many of you members had and have at present time a far more difficult time than Yan and I. My heart goes out to you. In dealing with Buffalo interview we went with the kitchen sink and little was requested. Back during the IMBRA situation I talked to an immigration lawyer just on the phone.(no charge for a few IMBRA questions). As we had filed the papers to vermont already he mentioned that he could handle the AOS paperwork for us when the time came. For only $1500.00 . If we used him I would have been PISSED. as things went so smooth without him. .

:P

;) As long as you're content, nothing else matters.

Happy to see you happy. Don't forget to mark your calendar for the Removal of Conditions. :P

Well at least Yan can work and apply for learner's permit while waiting for the name check on the AOS.

Dan A neighbor just informed me that just a few days ago they relaxed what paperwork is needed for drivers license. This was on a spansh station. I have not looked to see what is needed now(as if it matters) in our case but maybe some one else can use this information.

Well at least Yan can work and apply for learner's permit while waiting for the name check on the AOS.

Dan A neighbor just informed me that just a few days ago they relaxed what paperwork is needed for drivers license. This was on a spansh station. I have not looked to see what is needed now(as if it matters) in our case but maybe some one else can use this information.

I tend to go with what DMV has posted on their website.

That EAD card, SS Card, and another form of ID like a visa or master debit card with Yan's name on it, will be the only things the DMV office will need. We visited the DMV 2 weeks ago to get info, and at the top of the ID information sheet, Valid I-94 was one thing, this would cause problems for K-1 since the I-94 is valid only 90 days, but for K-3's this is not the case.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/idlicense.htm (6 points needed, EAD Green Card = 3, SSN = 2, and something else like marriage cert, or a credit/debit card (1 or 2 Points))

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

The EAD is an important document if you are waiting

for the GC. It is your proof of "legal" status.

We are on #2.

The good news is the the FBI paid me a visit last Saturday.

They were the same two guys who came by just before my I29f

was approved. They pretended to be Jehovahs and gave me a copy

of Awake & The Watchtower.

I was outside on my patio when they walked up. We made eye contact

and the lead guy knew his cover was blown. He made a brief spiel with

an apologetic look on his face. He handed me the two flyers and went

to my two closest neighbors. Instead of talking to them he just handed them the flyers and left. They didn't bother to knock on the

doors of the remaining five units in my area.

I was left with the impression that they had to clear alot of cases

that day.

Let's wait and see. :P

Another thing that I don't think I've seen mentioned here is that the EAD card would be your first picture ID issued by the Federal government.

It's a little more important than some people seem to give it credit for, unless you're fortunate enough to get the green card within the 90 days.

Same here, LIB. Received EAD card the day after we returned from Interview. Lily doesn't like her photo though. They wouldn't let her smile :) at Biometrics