Telegraphic Code

My sweet SO saw this request on China GUZ site for DS-156 but I do not see on US site? Are they still requiring this? I've searched CFL and see link to look it up, or go to post office. Must this still be done? Recommended method?

Thank you all!!

By the way, called DOS again today, they said "all approved, just waiting for interview date".

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two completed DS-156 and DS-157 (for applicants 16 years of age and older) forms, one in Chinese and one in English are required. Forms are available free of charge at CITIC Bank branches or can be downloaded.

When completing your application, please include the standard telegraphic code number (STCN) identifying the Chinese characters for your name.

NIV_FAQ

Guest Rob & Jin

Two completed DS-156 and DS-157 (for applicants 16 years of age and older) forms, one in Chinese and one in English are required. Forms are available free of charge at CITIC Bank branches or can be downloaded.

When completing your application, please include the standard telegraphic code number (STCN) identifying the Chinese characters for your name.

NIV_FAQ

standard telegraphic code number (STCN) identifying the Chinese characters for your name. means what ? I read in other threads you dont need to use the chinese forms ?

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

My sweet SO saw this request on China GUZ site for DS-156 but I do not see on US site? Are they still requiring this? I've searched CFL and see link to look it up, or go to post office. Must this still be done? Recommended method?

Thank you all!!

By the way, called DOS again today, they said "all approved, just waiting for interview date".

I just checked the Guz sight. In the letter to K3/K4 applicants it states two copies on the DS-156 with name in Chinese and telegraphic code. It does not ask for one in Chinese and one in English.

K1/K2 may be different.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/uploads/i...24._K3_PKT4.pdf

NIV_FAQ

standard telegraphic code number (STCN) identifying the Chinese characters for your name. means what ? I read in other threads you dont need to use the chinese forms ?

STCN

What do you have more faith in? Threads or the US consulate in Guangzhou?

NIV_FAQ

STCN

hmm....I'm still thinking....must I answer tonight?

(actually, thank you for your earlier answer). My SO will use online link I found here at CFL when I searched "telegraphic code" AND check with post office.

Guest Rob & Jin

NIV_FAQ

STCN

Chinese characters in Morse code, now thats really funny, who came up with that for the forms, this is the most fr****g funny thing I have ever seen.

:) :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller: :roller:

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

The telegraphic code has been a dying breed.. on as many as three forms just a year or more ago, is not only on the DS-156 chinese version.

It matters less what people post here or what the consulate website says... the forms get turned in at the medical exam, where they are renowned for being inconsistent in what THEY say is needed.

Your best to have both versions available at the exam and let them stuff the sealed envelope as they please, as your not going to even get an interview without this!

NIV_FAQ

STCN

Chinese characters in Morse code, now thats really funny, who came up with that for the forms, this is the fr****g funny thing I have ever seen.

The Chinese have always been trying to "simplify" their language since the creation of pinyin in the 1950's. Morse code doesn't surprise me at all.

The telegraphic code has been a dying breed.. on as many as three forms just a year or more ago, is not only on the DS-156 chinese version.

It matters less what people post here or what the consulate website says... the forms get turned in at the medical exam, where they are renowned for being inconsistent in what THEY say is needed.

Your best to have both versions available at the exam and let them stuff the sealed envelope as they please, as your not going to even get an interview without this!

As always, I agree and thank you all!

NIV_FAQ

STCN

Chinese characters in Morse code, now thats really funny, who came up with that for the forms, this is the fr****g funny thing I have ever seen.

Actually, the "Paperwork Reduction Act" disclaimer on the bottom of some of these forms is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

Uh oh...gotta go...my broker just called and said 3 more I-129's were just filed and I should buy more Office Depot stock.....

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)

NIV_FAQ

STCN

Actually, the "Paperwork Reduction Act" disclaimer on the bottom of some of these forms is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

Now that is funny!!! :roller:

Thanks for the laugh!...:lol:

It used to be on the GIV-24 family composition sheet, but since our interview Guangzhou has updated that form and it no longer asks for the CTC.

It used to be on the GIV-24 family composition sheet, but since our interview Guangzhou has updated that form and it no longer asks for the CTC.

The telegraph code is no longer on the English version. It's on the Chinese version. In my case, my SO forgot to fill it out, it didn't matter in our case. I would still list it.

The telegraph code is no longer on the English version. It's on the Chinese version. In my case, my SO forgot to fill it out, it didn't matter in our case. I would still list it.

Thank you.