N-600 really fast turnaround!!!

Just thought I would let the group know that I filed the N-600 for our sons "naturalization certificate" on the 24th of July and just received the final certificate in the mail today via USPS certified mail. We submitted the paperwork at the local office here in Spokane, Wa. and they processed it and sent it in. We only spent about 15 minutes in the office before we were finished. We got the paperwork submitted just before the July 30th deadline so the cost was $255. We never received an NOA of any kind but today the final certificate showed up. No interview or additional information was required. It only took 29 days from beginning to end. This was the most painless (except for the cost) set of paperwork we processed!! We are now totally done except for getting US passports for everybody. I kind of hated putting out the money for the N-600 because we were told that our son automatically received citizenship when my wife was sworn in back in Febuary. We discussed not getting the certificate but in the end decided that it was best to go ahead and get it anyway for peace of mind. You just never know when it may be needed in the future. Who knows maybe there would be another mass shedding of paperwork. We decided it was worth the extra money.

Gale

Gale,

Wow that was fast. And a big congratulations to you and your family for having everything completed. Ella and I just applied for Kelly's passport before we left for Shanghai and had no problem getting the passport. 3-4 weeks Kelly's adoption will be complete and she will have a Indiana birth certificate so she wont need N-600.

Tine

Congrats Shanghaigale.

If you are planning on getting your child a US passport, then the cert is really useless. There isn't a single situation I can think of that would require the cert over a US passport.

Anyway, it's already a done deal, so congrats again. :D

Just thought I would let the group know that I filed the N-600 for our sons "naturalization certificate" on the 24th of July and just received the final certificate in the mail today via USPS certified mail. We submitted the paperwork at the local office here in Spokane, Wa. and they processed it and sent it in. We only spent about 15 minutes in the office before we were finished. We got the paperwork submitted just before the July 30th deadline so the cost was $255. We never received an NOA of any kind but today the final certificate showed up. No interview or additional information was required. It only took 29 days from beginning to end. This was the most painless (except for the cost) set of paperwork we processed!! We are now totally done except for getting US passports for everybody. I kind of hated putting out the money for the N-600 because we were told that our son automatically received citizenship when my wife was sworn in back in Febuary. We discussed not getting the certificate but in the end decided that it was best to go ahead and get it anyway for peace of mind. You just never know when it may be needed in the future. Who knows maybe there would be another mass shedding of paperwork. We decided it was worth the extra money.

Gale