Ghost Festival

Lan says, "I don't want to celebrate ghosts." Ni zai gan shen me gui dong dong. "Ghosts celebrate that day, not live people."

Just goes to show you how far from tradition one gets when it's no longer looked up... the communist [ideology] would be very happy with this... that was/is one of their main goals... to dismantle this whole ancestor worship bit and other traditions of old.

Lan says, "I don't want to celebrate ghosts." Ni zai gan shen me gui dong dong. "Ghosts celebrate that day, not live people."

Just goes to show you how far from tradition one gets when it's no longer looked up... the communist [ideology] would be very happy with this... that was/is one of their main goals... to dismantle this whole ancestor worship bit and other traditions of old.

and even after they suppressed them for 50 years the old timers would let them be forgotten...

Ghost day was in full swing yesterday (China time) at my wife's city. I have a couple of pics to share if anyone wants to PM me. It is interesting that she told me the people burn gifts to the ghosts to keep them pacified and keep them from harming the people :lol: FYI, my wife does not believe in ghosts. She finds all of this rather amusing.