Chinese Lover's Day

I didn't miss this day last year and I certainly wouldn't miss it this year. I take every opportunity to show my love to my SO and this Chinese Valentine's Day is perfect for just that.

As much as she hates me to spend the money on something that will soon wither away, the pleasure I get in sending them and the most gleeful voice I hear when she calls after she receives them...I will send them time and time again.

As we both knew of this impending day, she told me numerous times to not send any flowers, but you would never know of her request of me when her excited little voice tells me that I have done so well once again.

I will laugh soon again, as each bundle of flowers sent to her is shared with me via photos on the internet. I swear she will send at least 20 different photos from different angles of this simple bundle of petals sent to her.

I have used Annie's since day one of our courtship. Only twice did I find any issue with them. Both were due to late in the day deliveries as today's was. They didn't arrive until 7:15 in her evening. Each time they added at no cost to me a small stuffed animal to the gift of flowers and emailed me with a detailed explanation, an apology and what they have done to make up for it. I will use them again, probably sooner than later.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Hope everyone remembered this is 8/19 is Chinese Lover's day (China's version of Valentine's Day.

Annie's flowers came through again, very happy again w/ their service.

Some Chinese don't know what it is. They have never celebrated it. Chinese don't think like we do when it comes to holidays, particularly our holidays.

I found an old discounted Valentine's Day card at the Dollar Store yesterday, so I mailed it to her this morning (surface mail). I just had to white out the name that was signed in the card. I left the mushy stuff that someone had written, it sounded pretty good. Say, TL, you didn't bring a Valentine's Day card to the Dollar Store, did ya? It looks like some prose you would have written!

As aye,

Jim