China post

Steve and Aiwen

There is also the ability to have it delivered to your home address if you live within Guangdong Province, but most choose to pick their visa up in person.

What's the consensus among members as far as using this option?

My SO lives in Shenzhen. Is it that much faster to just have it mailed to the normal place in GUZ or does it make sense to have it mailed to her in Shenzhen? Especially if we end up not staying overnight in GUZ because of the Canton Fair or other issues.

Having it delivered seems to work well, but don't lock yourself into travel arrangements until after you have it in hand, could be a week after the interview more or less.

I remember someone got stressed out waiting for their visa after buying plane tickets and expecting it to arrive on the same schedule as picking it up at the China post.

There is also the ability to have it delivered to your home address if you live within Guangdong Province, but most choose to pick their visa up in person.

My SO lives in Shenzhen. Is it that much faster to just have it mailed to the normal place in GUZ or does it make sense to have it mailed to her in Shenzhen? Especially if we end up not staying overnight in GUZ because of the Canton Fair or other issues.

Our slip of paper,a couple of months ago when we picked up our visa,said this "visa by mail" was only available to people living in (receiving mail) GuangDong Province

Having it delivered seems to work well, but don't lock yourself into travel arrangements until after you have it in hand, could be a week after the interview more or less.

I remember someone got stressed out waiting for their visa after buying plane tickets and expecting it to arrive on the same schedule as picking it up at the China post.

You could always return to Shenzen and make the 160km trip back to pickup the visa if time is a concern.