Perfect tool for the kitchen.

During my last trip visiting my SO in China, I bought a blender while I was there. It did what I wanted it to do which was making some dessert and some smoothies but it was kind of weak and took a while to get everything blended. Now she is telling me that she is using it for almost everything she cooks and she asks if she can get one when she gets here.

Well, after coming back, I start looking for a better one and...... :D

Here is what I found and it will handle anything you throw at it.

Edited by toy_rn65 (see edit history)

That is a funny clip ...

But on the more serious side ... we bought a Cuisinart Duet a couple of months ago and it's gaining traction in our kitchen. It's a machine with both a blender top and a food processor top. Capacity is not huge, but it does almost anything.

The girls love to make fruit/veggie drinks in the blender part and I'm just starting to get them to really use the food processor. One of the cool things is that it is strong enough to process partially frozen meat. This cuts Lao Po's dumpling production time dramatically. Sometimes we forget to use it but it has great potential ...

That is a funny clip ...

But on the more serious side ... we bought a Cuisinart Duet a couple of months ago and it's gaining traction in our kitchen. It's a machine with both a blender top and a food processor top. Capacity is not huge, but it does almost anything.

The girls love to make fruit/veggie drinks in the blender part and I'm just starting to get them to really use the food processor. One of the cool things is that it is strong enough to process partially frozen meat. This cuts Lao Po's dumpling production time dramatically. Sometimes we forget to use it but it has great potential ...

Hummmmm...... I will look into that too. What about the Kitchen Aid with the full setup? Has anyone used it? Seems quite pricy to me!

That is a funny clip ...

Hummmmm...... I will look into that too. What about the Kitchen Aid with the full setup? Has anyone used it? Seems quite pricy to me!

I would rather have separate appliances myself, one part of it breaks and u have to get rid of the whole thing. Now if you are restricted by counter space I can see where they would be a asset.

I got a "kitchen aid" blender a couple months ago (not sure the model... it's about $100)... WOW! It's nice! I can fill the thing full of ice (full cube). In about 3 seconds I have snow... You can easily make ice cream by putting in frozen fruit (you can buy it in the freezer section) and a little milk, a pinch of salt, and some sugar (just a little). It takes about a minute and tastes great!

Probably most brands are good at that price :D... If she is going to use it a lot, I recommend getting a decent one. I had a $30 one I got at target. It last her about a month before it burned out... Our new one, you could mix cement in that thing (but I wouldn't recommend it).

:D

Nice avatar.

Two of my favorite things...a dog and a lovely lady. :)

Thank you, they are my pride and joy. ;)

I got to thinking on this blending thing,

No way in tar nation I'm going to show my wife this video, no telling what she might try to blend after seeing it. :o

Remember this one?

What is green and red and goes 200mph? :blink:

A: Tomatoes and bell peppers in a blender. :crazy:

My wife and power tools can be interesting.

She already runs around ironing every dern thing. B)

What is green and red and goes 200mph? :D

A: Tomatoes and bell peppers in a blender. :blink:

I thought that was a frog in a blender....

That makes sense too. :o

And,

They do sell frogs in the Asian Markets, so I could imagine that.... B)

:crazy:

Ah oh!

Sweety!,

back away from the blender! :)

• 3 weeks later...

What is green and red and goes 200mph? :angry:

A: Tomatoes and bell peppers in a blender. :crazy:

I thought that was a frog in a blender....

That makes sense too. :D

And,

They do sell frogs in the Asian Markets, so I could imagine that.... ;)

:o

Ah oh!

Sweety!,

back away from the blender! :P

Now here is a Blender :D

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL150/9001338/16579737/271994031.jpg