There is a chance that my fiancee' has a strain of Hepatitis.

I am trying to get the facts straight, between language and cultural barriers, and it is not easy.

It seems her blood work shows that she has "a liver disease" that is "not contagious" and "her liver is still very healthy".

I am trying to find out more.

Can anyone tell me how having Hepatitis will effect the K-1??

And what, if any difference there is between Hepatitis-A, Hepatitis-B, and Hepatitis-C... not the disease, but the effects of having each of these changes your immigration chances....

I am hopeful that it is nothig at all, but I am covering all my bases...

dont worry about it! my wife tested positive for hepa b they told us just to have her checked out once she was here so we did it turns out she was just a carrier and is not contagious. they only worry about a disease that is of great concern to the public ( like aids or tuberculosis that is active).

hepa-A is what you would get if eating contaminated foods.

hepa-b can be passed on to a child from a mother who has hepa-B and while pregnent. and can be spread just like aids and is contagious; I-V drug use sexual contant any exchangin of bodily fluids.

hepa-C is usualy caused be a damaged liver and is contagious from direct contact with blood from the infected person.

dont worry about it! my wife tested positive for hepa b they told us just to have her checked out once she was here so we did it turns out she was just a carrier and is not contagious. they only worry about a disease that is of great concern to the public ( like aids or tuberculosis that is active).

hepa-b can be passed on to a child from a mother who has hepa-B and while pregnent. and can be spread just like aids and is contagious; I-V drug use sexual contant any exchangin of bodily fluids.

hepa-C is usualy caused be a damaged liver and is contagious from direct contact with blood from the infected person.

You are giving contradictory info. Your wife is in fact contagious, even if she is a "silent carrier". But for the purpose of entry into the US, the US will not deny her entry because she has Hep B virus.

But don't confuse this fact with the fact that your wife is very much a carrier of the virus and can spread it to others through sexual or body fluid contact.

If you don't understand this, please go back to her doctor and get this clarified. A silent carrier is a full carrier of the Hep B virus. It only means the Hep B virus is not actively attacking her liver currently. It does NOT mean she's cured and nor does it mean she's not contagious anymore.

You are giving contradictory info. Your wife is in fact contagious, even if she is a "silent carrier". But for the purpose of entry into the US, the US will not deny her entry because she has Hep B virus.

But don't confuse this fact with the fact that your wife is very much a carrier of the virus and can spread it to others through sexual or body fluid contact.

If you don't understand this, please go back to her doctor and get this clarified. A silent carrier is a full carrier of the Hep B virus. It only means the Hep B virus is not actively attacking her liver currently. It does NOT mean she's cured and nor does it mean she's not contagious anymore.

I want to also add that it doesn't mean she won't GET sick. Many so-called "silent carriers" who don't follow up suddenly find they have terminal and advanced liver cancer or chirrosis of the liver in their 30's or 40's. It's about a 25% chance. That is worse odds than Russian roulette and doesn't kill as quick and painlessly either.

I also second that she is contageous. She may be BARELY contageous, but is contageous nonetheless, especially through blood. Her doctors and dentists all need to know so they can take proper precautions. Something as simple as sharing a toothbrush if your gums bleed a little could still spread it also.

She needs to be checked up on every 6 months. Any less than once a year is just asking for tragedy.