Any recent DCF folks?

Hi,

We mailed ours to Beijing-USCIS two weeks ago. We checked on it yesterday by calling them. They said that it was pending. They only have one officer to work on I-130's so it should be two or three months if approved and that they have a lot of cases to check. They took a long time to pull our case up when we called.

jbray,

Cool, its good to know someone that's gone through the entire process if I need help.

padre,

Thats good to know about how long we should expect to wait for a reply, do you by chance have the # you called to ask? It would be helpful to know given the many numbers. If all goes well it should be about 6-9 months for us to go through the whole process. Best to you and your SO.

Did you mail in your application? We did after speaking to the USCIS employee on the phone who told us that we could send in the application. The website does say that they do not allow any mailed in packages. People on 001 website have indicated that it helps to write weekly letters to USCIS/DOS and that it helps cases get processed more quickly.

padre,

Yes we mailed our application in, when I paid the $190.00 I-130 fee here in Shanghai they gave me the address to mail the package to Beijing. (No. 3 XiuShuiBeiJie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600 )

On the Beijing embassy website (http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/homeland_security.html)

It says under the I-130 section:

Immediate Relative Immigrant Petitions (Form I-130):

U.S. Citizens with proof of residency in China and who are residing in the Beijing consular district may file the I-130 petition with the USCIS Beijing Office.

U.S. Citizens with proof of residency in China and who are residing in the Beijing consular district, may also pay the USCIS filing fee at the American Consulates General in Shenyang, Shanghai, or Chengdu and then mail the application and fee receipt to the mailing address noted above under the "Mailing Address and Express Mail within China" heading.

The Beijing Office may contact petitioners and /or applicants to request personal appearances for an interview or to request additional or missing documentation. It is therefore incumbent that applicants provide accurate contact information including their address in China, home phone number, cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

In China immigrant visas are only issued at the American Consulate General in Guangzhou. Therefore, unless otherwise requested, all approved immediate relative petitions are forwarded to Guangzhou for further processing.

Thats a great tip about writing the letters weekly, I'll send one and see if I get a reply in a week or so. I think too many could be annoying probably. Kind of like a kid asking his parents "ARE WE THERE YET?"

Thanks for the #'s

"...may also pay the USCIS filing fee at the American Consulates General in Shenyang, Shanghai, or Chengdu and then mail the application and fee receipt..."

I am glad they finally added that part... When I filed, the form said, "Do not mail cash. We do not except credit card payment, cash or money orders." I asked the lady at the consulate in Chengdu, "Ummm.. Ok.. So, what else is there?" She thought for a minute. Then she looked at me and said, "I don't know". She ended up calling Beijing. She had to talk to several people before someone could give her the answer.

For me, it was by regular mail. AND, it's not the NOA-1 that most people talk about. It's more like the NOA-2, but even still, it's a little different... Mine took about 2 months... If I remember correctly, it was basically just a letter saying that the case had been reviewed and was being sent to guangzhou.

We just completed the DCF process through Guangzhou, and I had no idea that you could mail in the application. We were told that it had to be filed in person which we did and the whole process only took a few months. All the correspondence that I had with the embassy in regards to letter was received by EMS, but I was living in China through the whole process. I don't know how they will send it if your address is US based.