Dr Sun Yat-sen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Yat-sen

As I am interested in retiring in Zhongshan, my reseach has led me to the famous Dr Sun Yat-sen. I have heard of him in the past but never knew much about him. A pretty interesting man in the history of China.

Yes indeed.....very interesting. Some in China equate him to the George Washington of China?? What's even more interesting is who his wife was and the story of The Three Soong Sisters and how their father made his fortune. Check it out! :(

PapaBear :crazy:

Dr. Sun is buried in Nanjing with a large masuleum in a nice park. He has a large memorial in Taiwan as he is considered a great man by both Chinas.

Near the one in Nanjing, there is a ampitheater with white pidgeons flying around and a place to have tea "with Dr. Sun." If you are ever in Nanjing, check it out. If I remember correctly, the park is Zhongshan Park.

Dr. Sun is buried in Nanjing with a large masuleum in a nice park. He has a large memorial in Taiwan as he is considered a great man by both Chinas.

Near the one in Nanjing, there is a ampitheater with white pidgeons flying around and a place to have tea "with Dr. Sun." If you are ever in Nanjing, check it out. If I remember correctly, the park is Zhongshan Park.

I have seen some pictures of Zhongshan Park on the net although I think there might be several of them across China. My first stop will be Zhongshan city this fall. I plan to see as many of his memorials there as I can. I still do not have any idea why this man interests me. Perhaps one day I will find out. :blink:

I went to the Dr. Sun temple in NanJing. It sits on top of one of the mountains on the east side of town and, since it's in China, you climb steps to get there. I have some pictures of Xiahong and I in front of the temple.

I found the mausoleum on the net. Don is the temple there or do you know the name of it so I can research it.?

I have seen some pictures of Zhongshan Park on the net although I think there might be several of them across China. My first stop will be Zhongshan city this fall. I plan to see as many of his memorials there as I can. I still do not have any idea why this man interests me. Perhaps one day I will find out. :lol:

Just as an FYI, there is a very large and beautiful memorial and park, in Guangzhou, not too far from the Consulate (as I recall). We drove by it last week and my wife pointed it out to me. I asked Hongxia if the Dr. was buried there and she said no, he was not. Again, this is a very large and beautiful tribute to him in downtown GZ. :huh:

I have seen some pictures of Zhongshan Park on the net although I think there might be several of them across China. My first stop will be Zhongshan city this fall. I plan to see as many of his memorials there as I can. I still do not have any idea why this man interests me. Perhaps one day I will find out. :lol:

Just as an FYI, there is a very large and beautiful memorial and park, in Guangzhou, not too far from the Consulate (as I recall). We drove by it last week and my wife pointed it out to me. I asked Hongxia if the Dr. was buried there and she said no, he was not. Again, this is a very large and beautiful tribute to him in downtown GZ. :huh:

Thanks Roger. I will be going through GZ on my way to Zhongshan. I will be sure to be on the lookout for it.