Ever had immigration letters/docs lost in mail?

Over the past couple of years, at this address, I have had some important items misdelivered (and delayed for up to a couple of weeks) and completely lost in the mail. This included a recent tax form that never arrived, and a few bills over the past year.

It just made me wonder what would happen if an important notification from the immigration department got lost, leading to us missing the biometrics appointment or interview appointment? Or even worse, getting a green card lost in the mail???

Has this ever happened to anyone? Stuff like this makes me wish there was a way to get electronic notification or have online status to check online or something!

Over the past couple of years, at this address, I have had some important items misdelivered (and delayed for up to a couple of weeks) and completely lost in the mail. This included a recent tax form that never arrived, and a few bills over the past year.

It just made me wonder what would happen if an important notification from the immigration department got lost, leading to us missing the biometrics appointment or interview appointment? Or even worse, getting a green card lost in the mail???

Has this ever happened to anyone? Stuff like this makes me wish there was a way to get electronic notification or have online status to check online or something!

File a complaint with your post office if this continues to happen to you. Some mail deliverers are sloppy and just don't care. The post office would be the first place to file a complaint.

I never received my NOA2 when I filed for my SO k1 visa. I called and had them send me email notifying me that my petion was approved and sent on to GUZ. It's not the first ime th USPS lost my mail. What can you do? It is always best to send your post certified so it will be track but there isn't much you can do about mail comming to you. Just be aware its comming and if you don't get it try to get comfirmation it was sent.

I never received my NOA2 when I filed for my SO k1 visa. I called and had them send me email notifying me that my petion was approved and sent on to GUZ. It's not the first ime th USPS lost my mail. What can you do? It is always best to send your post certified so it will be track but there isn't much you can do about mail comming to you. Just be aware its comming and if you don't get it try to get comfirmation it was sent.

I definitely agree to send certified or signature confirmation. As for incoming mail, I guess all I can do is expect it and inquire, as you say.

File a complaint with your post office if this continues to happen to you. Some mail deliverers are sloppy and just don't care. The post office would be the first place to file a complaint.

Yea, my neighbor has filed a few complaints. Maybe it's time for myself (and others in the neighborhood to speak up). The possibility of getting immigration papers lost definitely scares me!

Guest Mike and Lily

Yea, my neighbor has filed a few complaints. Maybe it's time for myself (and others in the neighborhood to speak up). The possibility of getting immigration papers lost definitely scares me!

My snail mail NOA2 was sent back to the CSC because I moved. In May, I paid $200 to have a duplicate sent to me. I will need it for AOS. I still don't have it yet. Don't let these documents get lost, it's a %$#@$# nightmare! Just ask XiaoHeather.

I hope my email from them is sufficient or else I'll be forking out more money for a duplicate.

My snail mail NOA2 was sent back to the CSC because I moved. In May, I paid $200 to have a duplicate sent to me. I will need it for AOS. I still don't have it yet. Don't let these documents get lost, it's a %$#@$# nightmare! Just ask XiaoHeather.

You are probably right. Its just wishful thinking on my part. I'll probably fork over the $200 for a duplicate.

I hope my email from them is sufficient or else I'll be forking out more money for a duplicate.

Somehow I don't think that email will suffice. It's much too easy to forge an email.

Happened twice with my wife's green card. 1st time I checked, it was

returned as undeliverable. Turns out they sent it to the wrong

address, the man on the phone said it was a typo on their part and

would send it out again, just wait a few more months.

2nd time I checked it was returned again as undeliverable! They said

they sent it but will put in a request to send it again, just wait a few

months.

Spoke with the post office and my carrier who knows my wife well

and he told me he never seen the letter.

Finally it arrives on the 3rd try. Not a pleasant time :D