Dental braces for your Chinese SO

I went to Dentist yesterday, and I have 3 teeth resin holes, and one th teeth resin anterior, I dont know how much my insurance paid, but I paid $148. I dont know why americans here have very white teeth, which i like very much, but we chinese teeth are darker, looks a little bit grey? Is it because of water system in china? my dentist said might be, he think here water are more purified. or maybe cos some medicine like two much anti-biotic we took when we were small? My denist said I have pretty good teeth comparing to my age :P but he dont know if bleach will help me have whiter teeth, but he said I can have a try, Guess what? try means money, insurance will not pay bleaching, the estimate will be $287 whole teeth. Also one nerve of my front tooth died 15 years ao, so it turned to dark. Dentist said better get a crown for it, it will cost $846, insurace only pay half of it. Kill me boy :) :blink: I called my parents last night. My mom said" dont waste any money on your teeth, you are chinese, so your teeth should be darker than american's that is matching?" lovely mom :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe I should fix my teeth in China? but I do like dental equiptment here, much better than china.

I see from a material that Chinese have more white teeth than Americans due to they eat more veges and less sugar. Your grey teeth is an individual feather. Good luck for the dental trip.

I don't know the exact age group or timeframe, before my wife's time for sure... but for awhile the Chinese gov't tried putting antibiotics in water supplies in certain areas much like we do flouride. It caused a lot of kids to have weak grey teeth. I recall several members who's wives had this problem (I'm thinking the age range was mid to upper 40's but don't quote me).

I kept by Jun through all her dental treatments and kept trying to help her overcome her fear/loathing of the dentist... then at 31 I got my FIRST cavity... I was so nervous and had her sit in the dentist office with me like my mommy... lol But I have a better understanding now :P

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

For those of you who have natural teeth (no caps or veneers), you can whiten your teeth by using Crest (or other) bleaching strips. They work quite well. Leiqin's teeth were very discolored and yellow, mostly just from age. We bought and she used the Crest bleaching strips. Her teeth are now sparkling white. I know I sound like a commercial, but they work great. Give them a try. For the money, it's an easy fix for discolored teeth.

For those of you who have natural teeth (no caps or veneers), you can whiten your teeth by using Crest (or other) bleaching strips. They work quite well. Leiqin's teeth were very discolored and yellow, mostly just from age. We bought and she used the Crest bleaching strips. Her teeth are now sparkling white. I know I sound like a commercial, but they work great. Give them a try. For the money, it's an easy fix for discolored teeth.

I will let my wife know about this.

I like drinking tea, which cause the dark spots on my teeth, I have been using Lesterine Whitening Pre-brush Rinse, it works. I was reading somewhere that the condition of the teeth has influence on the Cardial-Vascular system, I have been always pay much attention to my teeth. I have my teeth cleaned every 6 months, use Lesterine after brushing my teeth twice a day, do the flossing daily, and I have been doing that for years, my teeth condition is perfect.

Edited by sawadee (see edit history)