Just a silly question, but I thought I would ask now before I leave. My Chinese Visa is set to expire on the 8th of September. I am leaving for China on the 18th of Aug for a month, returning on the 17th of September. I will be in China 11 days after my Chinese Visa expires.

I heard, do not know if this is true, that as long as it is valid when I enter, it is OK if it expires while I am there. If this is not trure I need to pay for a new Chinese Visa ASAP.

I do not need a hassle at the airport as I am about to get to my plane to return to the states.

Thanks

Just a silly question, but I thought I would ask now before I leave. My Chinese Visa is set to expire on the 8th of September. I am leaving for China on the 18th of Aug for a month, returning on the 17th of September. I will be in China 11 days after my Chinese Visa expires.

I heard, do not know if this is true, that as long as it is valid when I enter, it is OK if it expires while I am there. If this is not trure I need to pay for a new Chinese Visa ASAP.

I do not need a hassle at the airport as I am about to get to my plane to return to the states.

Thanks

You are good to go my friend. You will get no hassles. I arrived in china with only one day before mine expired and no trouble whatsoever.

Thanks

You are good to go my friend. You will get no hassles. I arrived in china with only one day before mine expired and no trouble whatsoever.

I guess China is different than Russia. I was in Moscow about 6 years ago and my tourist visa expired due to some unforeseen events that kept me there 5 days longer than my visa was good for. As I was departing Moscow at the airport, I was pulled aside, taken to an interview room, asked many questions about why I hadn't departed prior to my visa expiring. Bottom line was that after a 30 minute lecture about what they could do to me in such events, I had to pay $100 on the spot and they extended my visa by one day and then after getting that stamp in my passport the immigration folks finally let me through and I was able to catch my flight (barely). Since that eposide, I've always kept my visas current and travel within the set timeframes.

Thanks

You may enter, but you are expected to leave when you are supposed to, which is before it expires. what will happen if you don't? probably nothing. though maybe they won't give you a new visa next time, but i highly doubt it.

the first time i was there they took an extra long time reviewing my passport when i left, and told me 'to not do it again'. so i haven't :D i stayed just 3 days over.

Thanks

You may enter, but you are expected to leave when you are supposed to, which is before it expires. what will happen if you don't? probably nothing. though maybe they won't give you a new visa next time, but i highly doubt it.

the first time i was there they took an extra long time reviewing my passport when i left, and told me 'to not do it again'. so i haven't :D i stayed just 3 days over.

You do not have to leave before the "last date of entry" expires.

Thanks

i was told by the chinese customs when i left the country that i had to. just telling what i was told.

Thanks

i was told by the chinese customs when i left the country that i had to. just telling what i was told.

Did you stay for longer than 30 days?

Thanks

the first time i was there they took an extra long time reviewing my passport when i left, and told me 'to not do it again'. so i haven't :) i stayed just 3 days over.

Did you stay for longer than 30 days?

i had a double entry visa, with each entrance good for 90 days each time. i was on the first entry and stayed apprx. 93-94 days. he said, after taking forever, 'why did you stay past your visa date'? i told him my long story, which was true. he said 'do not do it again'. exactly what happened.

i thought i was going to get the bamboo shoots up the finger nails, but that only happens to brad pitt i guess. :unsure:

:unsure: That was funny.....Looks like you overstayed your allotted time there. Glad they didn't hurt you...lol. The last time I went. I had one day left before the expiration date. I only stayed 2 weeks. I do know that if you want to stay past your time alloted, all you have to do is ask the local police and they will put a stamp in your visa saying it is ok.

First hand experience on this June 6 2007.....

I was in China May 17th, and my visa expired May 27th.... My visa allowed 60 days stay. I left on June 6th however...

The border check was flawless. The United Airlines girl when i was LEAVING was the only person confused. I told her that my visa was for coming to china. Not leaving. She called someone anyhow and when she got off the phone indicated I was right... she was sorry for the confusion.

On the visa you will see it clearly says "enter before" Not leave..

>L

Edited by LGR_WEI (see edit history)

Ok, I was tired last night, so that's my excuse.

a visa is only good for a specific period of time, 30/60/90. You have that alloted time even if you enter the day before the expiration date.

for some reason (remember i said i was tired), i thought he meant if he stayed past his 30 day alloted time, not if he stayed past the last day of allowed entry. my bad.

a visa is only good for a specific period of time, 30/60/90. You have that alloted time even if you enter the day before the expiration date.

for some reason (remember i said i was tired), i thought he meant if he stayed past his 30 day alloted time, not if he stayed past the last day of allowed entry. my bad.

Let me guess, your laopo arrives tomorrow and you are burning the midnight oil cleaning the house :rolleyes: <_< :unsure: You lucky dog :ph34r:

Let me guess, your laopo arrives tomorrow and you are burning the midnight oil cleaning the house :rolleyes: <_< :unsure: You lucky dog :angry:

dude, more like a couple Henry Weinhard's hefeweizen..... :ph34r:

Let me guess, your laopo arrives tomorrow and you are burning the midnight oil cleaning the house :lol: :lol: :lol: You lucky dog :)

dude, more like a couple Henry Weinhard's hefeweizen..... :lol:

:D :D