Just to say hello

Gordon,

Good luck to you. I am also from California....San Francisco area. I wish I were where you are now. But I filed my I-130 in April and had to wait....and wait..and only was able to file my K3-4 Visa the end of May. You need to be thinking about your interview questions ....good luck to you.

Mark

Gordon,

Good luck to you. I am also from California....San Francisco area. I wish I were where you are now. But I filed my I-130 in April and had to wait....and wait..and only was able to file my K3-4 Visa the end of May. You need to be thinking about your interview questions ....good luck to you.

Mark

Thanks Mark, my fiance does not speak English well. We communicated very well when I was there with the handheld translater, and she had a couple of relatives that spoke English very well. She will start English classes there within the next week. The school costs about $230 a month. She said she will attend 6 days a week/2 hours a day after work. I am hoping she will learn enough by interview time to impress the interviewer. I am confident she will, as she is very smart and determined. She is working with a lawyer there that is a friend of the family so I am also confident that she will handle the interview well.

I hope your process goes without a hitch. What part of China is your wife from?

Edited by Gordon (see edit history)

Ahhh California ... in the Members Only, Contact List forum there's a thread called CA Residents Unite ... hope you will monitor that and join the next gathering of CFLrs that's within striking range of where you live.

I'm considering moving to California just so I can add a post to this record thread! :angry:

Ahhh California ... in the Members Only, Contact List forum there's a thread called CA Residents Unite ... hope you will monitor that and join the next gathering of CFLrs that's within striking range of where you live.

I'm considering moving to California just so I can add a post to this record thread! ;)

Hey Robert you and your wife are welcome. Come to Socal for a little vacation, give us a little warning, and we'll call a gathering. :angry:

Gordon,

Mark

Thanks Mark, my fiance does not speak English well. We communicated very well when I was there with the handheld translater, and she had a couple of relatives that spoke English very well. She will start English classes there within the next week. The school costs about $230 a month. She said she will attend 6 days a week/2 hours a day after work. I am hoping she will learn enough by interview time to impress the interviewer. I am confident she will, as she is very smart and determined. She is working with a lawyer there that is a friend of the family so I am also confident that she will handle the interview well.

I hope your process goes without a hitch. What part of China is your wife from?

Gordon,

My wife did not speak English that well either when I met her. She could read emails and did OK with Yahaoo Messenger when we were typing back and fourth. But spoken English was hard for her. Now we use the headset and only occassionally do I type a word if I think she does not understand. I also have had her enrolled full time in a Univeristy English class in Dalian. This semester is almost over and there has already been a big improvement. Then there is the second semester too that begins in September. Each semester is costing me about $600 but she goes from 8 am to 2:45 pm M-F. She does get an 1 1/2 hour lunch in there. When I see her on the Web at 9:30pm her time (6:30am- for me) she is still doing homework. Thanks to the Internet, our relation ship can continue to grow.

If you call you wife, use a phone card. I have been using one called Tel-3 Advantage. It is only 2 cents a minute. I like this one because you can program your phones in it, via their website, and the numbers you want to call. I only have to depress 4 key strokes on my cell to call her. But usually I am talking over the Net via YM.

Good luck to you in the interview. I will be in China next month with my wife for a month vacation. We will meet in Beijing and then are planning to visit Xian.