Our overcome appointment

Hello all.

Well it seems i might have a problem makeing to our overcome appointment.

Our evercome appointment is coming soon and my wife tells me she can not get the time off from work to travel back to GZ for the appointment.

The project she is working on is not compleat and her boss says he need her there.

I have emailed GZ about this and asked if we could get a new appointment for a latter date!!

My question how long does it take for GZ to reply to my request!!

There is no problem in rescheduling your appointment. I think I read about it one time in the consulate's FAQ's.

I'm not sure how long it takes for them to reply to your request and I'm not sure how far they will move the appointment up for you.

-good luck

wow so it sounds like her job is more important then coming to the US. :draw:

I really don't think she would put her job ahead of coming to the US to be with her husband. Consider an overcome is not a gurantee to get the visa, I think it would be wise to wait until she has the visa in hand before quiting her job unless money is no object in her case.

I agree with LeeFisher that having someone she trust to deliver the material can be an option.

wow so it sounds like her job is more important then coming to the US. :sosad:

I really don't think she would put her job ahead of coming to the US to be with her husband. Consider an overcome is not a gurantee to get the visa, I think it would be wise to wait until she has the visa in hand before quiting her job unless money is no object in her case.

I agree with LeeFisher that having someone she trust to deliver the material can be an option.

she should walk into that visa office confident, i wouldnt give the VO any reason to think twice about it.

wow so it sounds like her job is more important then coming to the US. :sosad:

she should walk into that visa office confident, i wouldnt give the VO any reason to think twice about it.

I also agree with Lee's suggestion. It's definitely a possibility.

just because some chinese respect those in authority over them (and may not of ever thought to push their self interest over the company) doesn't mean to extrapolate that to her disrespect for her husband...

---

People report different responses... but within the week is reasonable to expect.. just not sure if they will reschedule or make you use the call center.

wow so it sounds like her job is more important then coming to the US. B)

toy_rn65: You hit the nail right on the head!

This is the reasoning and our thoughts.

We have thought this over together and we came to agree it would be best to get a latter date for our overcome appointment.

Besides GZ even tells everyone:

NO quarantee!

The consulate cannot assure any applicant will receive a visa, Decisions are based on many factors.

Even if the Consulate determines you are eligible for a visa, issuance can be delayed for a variety of reasons. You are STRONGLY ADVISED against giving up your job, disposing of property, or buying plane tickets until you actually receive you visa.

With this reasoning we figure it would be best to keep her job for now!

My wife has been working for the same firm for over 13 years now and is payed very well.

The only problem we are having now is that GZ has not replied to my email yet.

So the way i fugure, It could be anywhere from now to whenever???

We have made it this far and we have no problem waiting a while longer.

Love is stronger than time!!!

wow so it sounds like her job is more important then coming to the US. B)

We have thought this over together and we came to agree it would be best to get a latter date for our overcome appointment.

NO quarantee!

The consulate cannot assure any applicant will receive a visa, Decisions are based on many factors.

Even if the Consulate determines you are eligible for a visa, issuance can be delayed for a variety of reasons. You are STRONGLY ADVISED against giving up your job, disposing of property, or buying plane tickets until you actually receive you visa.

My wife has been working for the same firm for over 13 years now and is payed very well.

Smart, Michael. GZ is wise! Unlike some of the people here who think they are nothing but a bunch of crooks every time they issue a denial.

wow so it sounds like her job is more important then coming to the US. <_<

NO quarantee!

Sounds like you've got it together Michael. Go with it bro!!!!!!!!

i'd just want my girl with me asap,

she will have to eventually quit her job so if shes got this interview coming up....does the company know her future plans?

my girl kind of went through the same thing with her job, she had this amazing job exporting mass quanity of wood to the states for furniture making 2-3 times what the normal job would pay. and barely working more then 15 hours a week.

her interview date came up and once she passed she had to somehow sneek back to GZ to pick up her visa.

i told her you need to tell your boss your leaving, she didnt tell him till like the last week she was in beijing

it sounds like your girls got cold feet to me, thats understandable.

youll find out when the next interview date comes up.

Good Luck!!

Edited by izus (see edit history)

i'd just want my girl with me asap,

she will have to eventually quit her job so if shes got this interview coming up....does the company know her future plans?

my girl kind of went through the same thing with her job, she had this amazing job exporting mass quanity of wood to the states for furniture making 2-3 times what the normal job would pay. and barely working more then 15 hours a week.

her interview date came up and once she passed she had to somehow sneek back to GZ to pick up her visa.

i told her you need to tell your boss your leaving, she didnt tell him till like the last week she was in beijing

it sounds like your girls got cold feet to me, thats understandable.

youll find out when the next interview date comes up.

Good Luck!!

As for having cold feet!! I think not!!!!

This is just being smart!!

And as for her boss knowing about this YES!!!!! he knows.

I have met her boss many times and is a good and understanding man!!

HE has been supporting both of us the whole time.

So like i said before, the choice we have made is just Smart business