How Do I Type in Chinese characters?

I made a video to help out with getting your input language to work and posted it on my website. Forgive the high resolution, I just didn't feel like changing it down. These are instructions for windows XP.

http://www.kaidllc.com/chineseinput/

.............show off <_<

thats awesome dude...

Don should pin this

:lol: Maybe I'll take the time to put it 800x600 and do it for Vista also...

Mac? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I followed your directions and David's. It shows Chinese PRC at the bottow, however, it will not type Chinese characters. Thanks for your help, good video. I must be doing something wrong or maybe my computer won't handle it. It's an HP PC with Windows XP. <_<

I followed your directions and David's. It shows Chinese PRC at the bottow, however, it will not type Chinese characters. Thanks for your help, good video. I must be doing something wrong or maybe my computer won't handle it. It's an HP PC with Windows XP. <_<

I'm 90% sure I know what is wrong. It's not your computer handling it or not. You need to make sure it's set on the Microsoft Pinyin IME. First, click on the area where you want to type chinese in first. Then you can change your language in the language bar in the bottom right (eg. change from EN > CH). After you change it to CH, you must make sure it's on the correct keyboard. Beside the letters "CH" you should see an image representing the keyboard. you can click on that image to select keyboards or press Ctrl + Left Shift to toggle. If you cannot see the image you can either click on the "CH" and select "Show the Language bar" or you can right-click on the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar" and you can expand the language bar so that the keyboard is visible. That should do it.

if you have a mac....

tough titalee winks :blink:

Bill ... a Mac is easier than a PC.

System Prefs->International->Input

then check:

Simplified Chinese

Show Input Menu in Menu Bar

You'll now have the choice of a US flag for English input and a Chinese flag for Chinese input on a pull down menu in the menu bar.

That's the implementation in 10.3.9, I never have bought 10.4

they could very well be...

because they dont do much..

maybe they do everything you need them to do

but they are not compatible enough for me.

is there such a thing as a mac server?

what do these machines run off of in large networks?

i used to run something called appletalk many years ago

kind of a peer to peer thing.

they have to create commercials to downplay the other guy to get sales.....

i remember before NTFS was released in windows 2000 that it was a problem in allocating memory anything more then 128 MB

so the mac had the pc by its !@#$#

basically cause you were able to do alot more within programs...

now since windows 2k you can load as much memory as your board can hold.....

you can work on anything a mac can work on plus about 95% more that a mac can not.

Edited by izus (see edit history)

Actually, now a powerbook with Intel duo processor is the best combination you can buy.

You can set it up to dual boot Mac/os Windows/os.

From within the Mac/os you can run the windows/os in a window, or full screen.

You can choose to mix the windows windows directly on the mac desktop so that you cant distinguish what is windows and what is mac.

You can run both windows and mac application easily.

The increase in apple shares is not just the ixxx devices, their hardware, and os integration makes their laptop the best choice in the market.

Probably the mac purists can not even imagine this abomination, but for people who want the right tool for the job without os religion, the apple powerbook duo processor is the best I think.

i remember before NTFS was released in windows 2000 that it was a problem in allocating memory anything more then 128 MB

you can work on anything a mac can work on plus about 95% more that a mac can not.

NTFS is a file system - under the old FAT system, file space was allocated in a fixed size, depending on partition (logical disk drive) size - for a large partition, this was 128K. Even to store a single byte, 128K of disk space would be allocated. No longer true under NTFS. But this had nothing to do with memory usage or program execution.

NTFS is a file system - under the old FAT system, file space was allocated in a fixed size, depending on partition (logical disk drive) size - for a large partition, this was 128K. Even to store a single byte, 128K of disk space would be allocated. No longer true under NTFS. But this had nothing to do with memory usage or program execution.

well Randy thank you for clearing that up but i all i was stating was why the mac used to be the graphic standard in the business.

in win9x and before no matter how much memory was added on the board it would not register more then 128MB, whatever reason :lol:

Actually, now a powerbook with Intel duo processor is the best combination you can buy.

You can set it up to dual boot Mac/os Windows/os.

From within the Mac/os you can run the windows/os in a window, or full screen.

You can choose to mix the windows windows directly on the mac desktop so that you cant distinguish what is windows and what is mac.

You can run both windows and mac application easily.

The increase in apple shares is not just the ixxx devices, their hardware, and os integration makes their laptop the best choice in the market.

Probably the mac purists can not even imagine this abomination, but for people who want the right tool for the job without os religion, the apple powerbook duo processor is the best I think.

why would you buy a mac to run windows software :lol:

I followed your directions and David's. It shows Chinese PRC at the bottow, however, it will not type Chinese characters. Thanks for your help, good video. I must be doing something wrong or maybe my computer won't handle it. It's an HP PC with Windows XP. :lol:

I'm 90% sure I know what is wrong. It's not your computer handling it or not. You need to make sure it's set on the Microsoft Pinyin IME. First, click on the area where you want to type chinese in first. Then you can change your language in the language bar in the bottom right (eg. change from EN > CH). After you change it to CH, you must make sure it's on the correct keyboard. Beside the letters "CH" you should see an image representing the keyboard. you can click on that image to select keyboards or press Ctrl + Left Shift to toggle. If you cannot see the image you can either click on the "CH" and select "Show the Language bar" or you can right-click on the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar" and you can expand the language bar so that the keyboard is visible. That should do it.

I'm going to bump this as it is exactly my thought.. and Ron is still trying to resolve his problem (not a mac issue)...

Get your cursor set inside Word before you go to the bottom to change languages.

usually the keyboard combination of Ctrl-Spacebar also changes it while in a program.

Final recommendation (which I joked at the last CFL gether) is that any time there is a CFL gather, bring your computer..

well Randy thank you for clearing that up but i all i was stating was why the mac used to be the graphic standard in the business.

in win9x and before no matter how much memory was added on the board it would not register more then 128MB, whatever reason :P

Adobe was pretty much the graphics standard - first on UNIX, then MAC's, and finally PC's. They are one company that Microsoft has never been able to dent the business of.

I paid $1000 for 32M of memory on my first PC so that I could run Photoshop 3.0 on it.

in win9x and before no matter how much memory was added on the board it would not register more then 128MB, whatever reason :D

Adobe was pretty much the graphics standard - first on UNIX, then MAC's, and finally PC's. They are one company that Microsoft has never been able to dent the business of.

I paid $1000 for 32M of memory on my first PC so that I could run Photoshop 3.0 on it.

http://www.juvenile.state.az.us/images/Community/man_pat_on_the_back_boy_lg_nwm.gif