Where did your SO live? Where do you live now?

this is lostinblue mm

i'm from busy city chengdu,now i live in a small quiet town near city Rochester,imagin the difference between life with 5000 residents here and over 10,000,000 residents in chengdu,imagin the difference between life on a farm in USA and life in a downtown city in China,imagin the difference between a chinese office lady in IT field and a farmer's wife, imagin the difference between a familiar life in China and start a brand new life from zero here,what huge changes!!!but life is really beautiful here,i just love it!

Edited by lostinblue (see edit history)
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of our friends, heck all of our friends are Chinese.

Jim checks his passport and looks in the mirror .... :sosad: Too funny! B)

Oh, sorry, Jim. I get confused. :blink:

OK, some friends are not Chinese, I guess. :P

Dennis, you bad boy! You stuck the "too funny" in my quote! We look forward to seeing you and Leqin on Sunday! :D

Edited by jim_julian (see edit history)

this is lostinblue mm

i'm from busy city chengdu,now i live in a small quiet town near city Rochester,imagin the difference between life with 5000 residents here and over 10,000,000 residents in chengdu,imagin the difference between life on a farm in USA and life in a downtown city in China,imagin the difference between a chinese office lady in IT field and a farmer's wife, imagin the difference between a familiar life in China and start a brand new life from zero here,what huge changes!!!but life is really beautiful here,i just love it!

What a sweet post !!! :D ;)

It is so good to hear the good story, after being inundated lately with the sad story.

I can only try to imagine, the cultural change between Chengdu and semi-rural America !!?? I am so glad to hear of your love of your new life.....Lao Gong must be doing a great job !!! :angry:

No smoke? Hahah.. I know Chico as the collegiate pot capital of the US. I can't imagine everyone not smoking there.

The collegiate pot capital would have to be Arcata, home to Humbolt State University, not Chico. Though Chico might just get second place.

When I was in Humbolt a few years ago, I was stopped on the beach by some hippies. They asked me if I wanted to buy some pot. A few yards down, another group of hippies asked me if I had any pot to sell.

Then there's all the bud that grows wild up in the hills.

Yeh, but when the fruit is out of season, the best thing about Chico, is the great Sierra Nevada Ale !!!!

I have taken the Sierra Nevada brewery tour twice now. Also, try their in-house restaurant !! Really great food !!

Yea, Sierra Nevada is pretty good. I like celebration ale myself tho'. For eating, we like eating in. Nothing is spicy enough in Chico.