Vaccination supplement complete

I had trouble a couple of weeks ago with the Civil Surgeon here in Knoxville. See my post:

I-693 Supplement

Today I took Lily and Dongao to the Knox Co. Health Dept. west branch to get their 2nd round of vaccinations.

I showed the nurse the I-693 supplement that the Civil Surgeon had filled out a couple of weeks ago and I told her

I wanted to make sure the vaccinations they were receiving today would satisfy the CS who we have another

appointment with this Thursday. The nurse said the CS should have signed off on it last time.

She suggested I go straight to the main branch of Knox Co. Health where they would sign off for $0.

I asked her specifically if they had a CS on staff. She assured me they did.

I went to the main branch, the nurse filled out a new I-693 and had the CS sign it. $0.00.

I don't know if this is the case in other areas, or if I just lucked out. I had already wasted $100 ($50 each) at the CS

who checked the "Applicant does not meet immunization requirements" box.

It might pay off for someone starting AOS to check with their County Health Dept before searching for a CS.

Good to see that you got that resolved, I read all the time about what asses some CS can be.

The USCIS is pretty specific that they require it to be signed off by a designated civil surgeon. As long as the doctor at your county health clinic meets that requirement there should be no problem. Was he on the list of designated civil surgeons?

The USCIS is pretty specific that they require it to be signed off by a designated civil surgeon. As long as the doctor at your county health clinic meets that requirement there should be no problem. Was he on the list of designated civil surgeons?

No, she wasn't on the list, but then again, neither was the CS I had trouble with. That one was recommended to me by a friend who married a gal from HK and went to this one. His wife is scheduled for AOS interview in Memphis tomorrow.

In the beginning of AOS i had called a CS who was listed, but was no longer practicing, or retired or something. I wonder how up to date the CS locator is?

I asked again at the main branch of the Health Dept. if this doc was a CS. The nurse said Yes, she fills out I-693 supplements often.

You bring up a good point, Carl. Worried now.

I did notice that there are some county health clinics on the Tn CS locator list but I didn't see any in Knoxville. I believe though that only a CS has the form for the I-693 supplimental. I seriously doubt the USCIS would ever question it.

I did notice that there are some county health clinics on the Tn CS locator list but I didn't see any in Knoxville. I believe though that only a CS has the form for the I-693 supplimental. I seriously doubt the USCIS would ever question it.

they had the I-693 supp. with the Doctor's name already stamped on the line: "Civil Surgeon's name (print or type)". After she had signed, they made me a copy and put the original in a sealed envelope.

I had already found a downloadable I-693, so Jim and Dan are right about being able to find the form.

I'm going to go with it, I think. We'll see.

I checked first with Clackamas County Health and was told they didn't do immunizations nor could they help with the I-693.

Later when chatting with a client who supervises such agencies for the the State of Oregon, I learned that whoever I talked to at the County was wrong.

A few days later I received a call from someone investigating the County office. Bottom line, I got an apology and an assure that it would never happen again but no one offered to refund the $350 I paid for shots and a signature. At least now I know to demand better service when it's time to AOS my step-daughter.