If she fails the K3 interview

I believe that if they white slip they put a mark of misrepresentation on the case and send back to USCIS, this will also derail the CR1 case, the mark of misrepresentation probably will have to be addressed before the consulate will proceed with the CR-1 case, the mark causes a bar that needs to be over-come.

Something needs to be quite seriously wrong with a case to cause the consulate to NOID that case.

I believe that if they white slip they put a mark of misrepresentation on the case and send back to USCIS, this will also derail the CR1 case, the mark of misrepresentation probably will have to be addressed before the consulate will proceed with the CR-1 case, the mark causes a bar that needs to be over-come.

Something needs to be quite seriously wrong with a case to cause the consulate to NOID that case.

Ok, see, that's why I don't believe this girl. Just seems funny they don't' tell you and just give a white...just because she was sent a letter by her petitioner and it had chinese characters on it and he don't know chinese(see thread: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25555).

What happens then....you have to refile, or USCIS re-reviews the case and re-forwards it to Guz?

Ok, see, that's why I don't believe this girl. Just seems funny they don't' tell you and just give a white...just because she was sent a letter by her petitioner and it had chinese characters on it and he don't know chinese(see thread: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25555).

What happens then....you have to refile, or USCIS re-reviews the case and re-forwards it to Guz?

You need to deal with USCIS, usually requires a lawyer to fight the denied visa petition at USCIS.

YES a US citizen writing an address in Chinese is most likely not a reason to deny a visa, I wrote my fiancee's address on correspondence all the time in Chinese, and yes I dont know much Chinese, but I do know how to write Chinese, I can even write Chinese on my computer and print it out with out even thinking about it. 你好吗?Hello! or Are you good?

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

You need to deal with USCIS, usually requires a lawyer to fight the denied visa petition at USCIS.

YES a US citizen writing an address in Chinese is most likely not a reason to deny a visa, I wrote my fiancee's address on correspondence all the time in Chinese, and yes I dont know much Chinese, but I do know how to write Chinese, I can even write Chinese on my computer and print it out with out even thinking about it. ÄãºÃÂð£¿Hello! or Are you good?

That's just the thing....what if he were chinese-american??? And, they said they waited 2.25 years for the interview, so they already must've had plenty of snags in the first place.

btw, you using power word?

YES a US citizen writing an address in Chinese is most likely not a reason to deny a visa, I wrote my fiancee's address on correspondence all the time in Chinese, and yes I dont know much Chinese, but I do know how to write Chinese, I can even write Chinese on my computer and print it out with out even thinking about it. ÄãºÃÂð£¿Hello! or Are you good?

That's just the thing....what if he were chinese-american??? And, they said they waited 2.25 years for the interview, so they already must've had plenty of snags in the first place.

btw, you using power word?

No power word, just windows with windows MUI, and office MUI chinese simplified installed, I know pinyin well enough to type the characters, the MUI packs are on all my computers, and is used extensively by my wife.

There are examples of white slips in L&R pinned topic (where the timelines and faqs are)...

It just says the case will be returned to the US... The general wisdom is to hire a lawyer in GUZ to hold it there since it's easier to fight there.

But if it makes it's way to USCIS, they review the findings.. and then rule [again]. We've seen some get kicked backed to GUZ to re-affirm the original approval.. then GUZ cannot deny on same thing again.

If USCIS agrees with GUZ findings, then the USC is supposed to have a chance to appeal...

If one tries to go after their other visa, the consulate obviously knows about the first issue;

If one decides to file again, it's best to find out why the first denial happened and it might take a request through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to get a copy of the case...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

If she fails (white slip) the K3 (I129f) interview, can we still do the CR1(I130) since that's approved?

"IF" is a mighty big word! Try to be positive and only think of the negative if it happens to you. :blink:

I think you can still do the IV interview should the NIV interview not work out. It seems I remember reading something about that one time. Maybe in the federal registar addressing the K3 and K4 visa.

What if she 'fails' witha blue slip?

How long does it take for an overcome appointment normally?

I remember one person on here had 4 blue slips and on the 5th time passed. Each of his blue slip gaps, I think, were about a month.

Another person was told they could mail them the documents soon as they get 'em.

Is there a general time-frame for blue slip overcomes?

===============================

If the beneficiary gets a blue slip (I assume it's handed to her right there, otherwise the rest of this is invalid), and, say, it asks for petitioner's proof of residency in the form of an electric bill. The beneficiary has this let's say. Can she just cram it down the VO's throat, or should she be submissive and walk out with her tail between her legs and a blue slip? Wouldn't it be appropriate to be assertive at this point and say, look, Mr., I already have an interview, the one I'm at right now, and I have the document NOW, so I need you to look at it NOW. Of course in a reasonable tone.

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

there is no general timeframe. All you can do is buy a pin # and call... based on the volume of overcomes and time of month, some report weeks and others report months for an appointment slot...

so you get the "re-interview" appointment after you call the number? they don't tell you right there? how long do you have to wait before you can call the Guz#, or do you wait and wait until they find a new date?

No, don't' feel better. :) I'm positive, just realize that it's not up to me so I'm trying to get a head start on things if they do go wrong.

It's also good for people to know what they are getting themselves into(a long, cruel, and difficult wait), so this thread might shed some light for some. I remember when I first met my wife we talked about how to get her to the USofA and saying to her..oh yeah, they can't deny us because we're married, and the whole process shouldn't take no longer than 3 months. Just how uninformed i was then is funny today. :rolleyes:

2 more days boys... :ph34r:

there is no general timeframe. All you can do is buy a pin # and call... based on the volume of overcomes and time of month, some report weeks and others report months for an appointment slot...

so you get the "re-interview" appointment after you call the number? they don't tell you right there? how long do you have to wait before you can call the Guz#, or do you wait and wait until they find a new date?

The basic steps are:

1) You go online and purchase a PIN# using a credit card.

2) You call the "call center" and give them your PIN#, GUZ #, etc.. and ask for a "overcome appointment". THIS is not an interview, just a drop-off of evidence they ask for.

3) You get an answer (most of the time) in two working days.

The biggest issue is #2: Some spend weeks trying to get through just to talk to someone (others get through quickly)... and then, the appointment can be weeks OR months out from your call