Which name check is it?

Guest Long_strider

I have been doing some additional research also. From what I can gather, it appears to be "visas eagle mantis" for persons from PRC unless they are involved in occupations of a highly technical nature potentially related to national security. It also appears that prior to the final issuance of the visa, there is another CLASS check by GZ Consular officer

See these references.

This is from the FAM, but is a little dated because it states that if there is no response on the name check in 10 days, then the visa can be issued. It has been changed to "must have" a response or no visa can be issued.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/namechecks.pdf

This is an interesting one. Read down about three quarters of the page and you will see that it refers to K1 visas and the need for a "Visas Eagle" name clearance with no mention of the three "Visas Eagle Mantis" tied together.

This one gives more information and in fact, gives a specific example of the type and formant of a Visas Eagle Mantis Cable.

http://www.nafsa.org/content/Professionala...esources/b9.htm

Not sure if this answers your question, but hope it is helpful for you.

Mi

Guest Long_strider

I think you are right Don. It appears that the normal proceedure for K1's is VISAS EAGLE. The VISAS EAGLE MANTIS is only conducted for K1s when there are unusual circumstances, such as the ones you outlined.

Mi

yes, well i figured it out that our loved ones is going thru a visa eagle. but what seems to take a long time is the SAO. and SAO's are required for all nationals from china. thats the sucky part. they should make provision for spouses of us citizens. I still havent been able to read the 2003 april 1st up date yet. all this has been revised last month but its not available yet on the website. there is something else that cought my attention in the FAM and that "private bill". did anyone read that and figure it out? im still trying to understand its use.