Question about ACH

I got back around a computer last night and saw that there will be no ACH on July 20th. Our interview is July 26th so that leaves the 13th as our only option.

For 8 months I have planned on attending ACH. My girlfriend isn't keen on sitting in hot Guangzhou in a hotel room with her 11 year old son for almost four weeks...arrival in Guangzhou on the 11th, ACH on the 13th, the interview on the 26th, and then the wait of 2-7 days if they are given a pink slip to get their visas.

I've worked my butt off studying and getting everything in order for success so my question is simply, is ACH important enough to swealter it out an extra couple of weeks for?

I'll be on the forth floor awaiting them on interview day and she'll hand in my passport with theirs. I just feel bad that there is something else that I could do for them and need to get others opinions. If you guys firmly think I should attend and get my attendance entered into the computer under their case number then I will be happy to do so.

Thanks,

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I would skip the ACH, your SO having your passport with her for the interview should be fine to show your commitment and that you are in GUZ with her.

Skip it.

a ACH visit will not add anything to being in person on your fourth trip to her...

I'd only go if it makes you feel good.. then again, a few beers seem to work as well :)

I'd spend time reviewing the Interview FAQ and get her up to speed on the most frequent questions... Good luck.

Guys, thank you each one very much for your replys and advice, I greatly value your experience and help.

While I very much wanted to attend ACH, my girlfriend's home is a helluva "LAWNG WAY" away from Guangzhou so I'm gonna have to let my passport show the VO my commitment to my girlfriend, as well as the cast iron, porcelained, and 24 carat gold appointed kitchen sink I will present her with.

Thanks again,

tsap seui

• 2 weeks later...

I would skip the ACH, your SO having your passport with her for the interview should be fine to show your commitment and that you are in GUZ with her.

do you think NOT being there for the ach/interview but her still having my passport would help?

do you think NOT being there for the ach/interview but her still having my passport would help?

At a minimum, you should give her a copy of your passport. If you want to make a certified copy, that's up to you...

At a minimum, you should give her a copy of your passport. If you want to make a certified copy, that's up to you...

I fedex'd it to her instead.... having the passport at the interview seems to be good a thing rather than null like many other items. I shouldn't have asked...just freaking out with 4 days left! :)

I fedex'd it to her instead.... having the passport at the interview seems to be good a thing rather than null like many other items. I shouldn't have asked...just freaking out with 4 days left! :)

It's better if it has an entry stamp before the interview with no exit stamp, but hopefully they won't check this. We usually advise against mailing it because of the possibility of loss or theft.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)