Filed AOS

Guest bbridges51

Guest bbridges51

Well, we finally received the certified copies of our marriage certificates from Las Vegas (took 3 weeks), and we've sent off Mia's AOS package. It was quite a task to pull together all that paper, but we appreciate Eric's guidance.

We sent by Priority Mail with delivery confirmation, since so may people have commented that they've not recieved notice promptly.

Have a great weekend.

Brian

Hi guys. Couple questions on the AOS:

1. We got married in Vegas too, do you think INS will accept the marriage license they give you on the spot, that the chapel fills out? It looks official, with state signatures and everything. Or, do we have to wait for the "official" one you send in the 10 bucks for?

2. I'm filing from Austin, TX, and am trying to figure out if we need to send in the sealed physical exam envelope containing the I-693 form. I've been told by other Texans who've interviewed recently to only bring it to the interview, but the instructions I got with the whole AOS packet seem to indicate otherwise. They say:

"For some BCIS locations the I-693 is not required to be submitted until your interview for adjustment has been set. If you did not receive a form I-693 in this packet, your address indicates a location where it is not required with initial submission of I-485. If you received a form I-693, you should go for your medical examination as soon as possible. You will have to choose from a list of doctors..."

I did receive an I-693, so we went and got her physical, and got a sealed envelope back from the doctor. Even though the instructions don't explicitly say to submit the sealed envelope with the I-485 app, it seems they want you to, based on the above. However, the instructions are not clear, and I'm worried they may lose the sealed envelope if I send it in.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

-Emery & Nancy

Thanks, we'll wait for our official copy then.

Regarding the I-693, which is the "Supplemental" form? All I remember is the carbon copy one we gave the doc, which is now in the sealed envelope, so I can't check to see if it says supplemental on it.

I guess I'll just have to turn in the whole envelope?

Thanks.

-Emery

Guest bbridges51

AT this point, since you can't open the envelop, I'd assume that the correct document(s) are inside. You could contact the doctor to find out whether they completed the supplementary form as well.

Brian

Guest Zerohot

Hey, Emery, I am in Austin. I filed AOS on April 16th, without I-693, and I got AOS receipt and AP on May 16th. EAD and fingerprinting was done on May 27th.