Your so's medicine

She has this balm... made in Hong Kong... it helps headaches, muscle cramps and back pain. It gets really WARM when applied to bare skin but it does the trick.

White Flower Analgesic Balm:

JIC

PO Box 1111

Belmont, Ca. 94002-1111

My wife also utilizes balms made in Hong Kong. One of her remedies for a cold is to heat in a saucepan Coca-Cola and ginger. She also uses ginseng (Wisconsin) in her cooking; one of my favorites is Mexican papaya, which is a large orange texture with ginseng, after cooking it has the texture of tomatoes. She will also use ginseng when preparing venison or elk.

Chinese medicine does work. Herbal medicine is worldwide with each locale utilizing local plants. I use them as well as sell herbal and aromatherapy medicinals. Guasha and cupping are good for internal stagnation and detoxification. I sell guasha scrapers online. Vietnamese simply use a coin or spoon. Except for heavy bacterial infections (twice in 10 years) I haven't been to a Western doctor in the ten years.

Any medicine can have interactions or reactions. They are much less with herbals than Western Medicine drugs.

Like clock work, I get one cold a year. Not in winter but when summer

sets in. Sure enough, last week I came home from work sick as a dog.

Not just a cold, it felt more like the flu! Fever, body aches, you

name it, I felt it.

Wife makes me hit the shower at once then right to bed. She makes

some concoction cooked with ginger and makes me drink it, then

she took the cooked ginger and rubbed it all over my body :lol:

If I wasn't so sick, that could have been very fun!

Call it the placebo effect? I have no clue. I woke the next day like

nothing had ever happened!

It was my first time sick since she's been here and I'm just wondering

about other experiences.

Yes indeed.....Ginger and Brown sugar.....works every time

Yep, the ginger tea does wonders for a cold, and just starting to learn about Gua sha, Yu does it to herself to cure various ailements, did it one time to me when I suddenly got the chills for some reason, felt better in the morning.

http://www.guasha.com/

Lily gives me ginseng root twice a day. Tastes like dirt, but I really think I have more energy and generally feel better.

She also has been applying the Gua sha treatment to my back for the last couple of weeks. Can't say this helps, but it sure feels good going on. :eyebrow:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the ginger tea does wonders for a cold, and just starting to learn about Gua sha, Yu does it to herself to cure various ailements, did it one time to me when I suddenly got the chills for some reason, felt better in the morning.

http://www.guasha.com/

Lily gives me ginseng root twice a day. Tastes like dirt, but I really think I have more energy and generally feel better.

She also has been applying the Gua sha treatment to my back for the last couple of weeks. Can't say this helps, but it sure feels good going on. ;)

Avoid Korean gingeng if you have high blood pressure.