Greencard pending due to namecheck

I was just curious. The new rules and fees go into effect 6-30-2007.

Can I file for citizenship for my son and wife due to the fact we have been married past a certain time. (I have been told this is true)

Would save me a ton of money and also we could just get by all of this AOS crap!

If anybody knows anything about this, please give me some advise.

If not, I'll just keep hanging my head and try to remain patient.

Patrick

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can apply for citizenship 3 years after the I-551 has been issued.

Correct that is what sucks about your situation, the clock to citizenship won't start until you have the green-cards. Which it has not yet, you are in limbo.

Correct that is what sucks about your situation, the clock to citizenship won't start until you have the green-cards. Which it has not yet, you are in limbo.

Isn't the date on the I-551 normally the date when the AOS interview was done (assuming it was a successful interview and the background check comes back favorably)? Or do they use the date when card printing was issued?

Can I file for citizenship for my son and wife due to the fact we have been married past a certain time. (I have been told this is true)

Would save me a ton of money and also we could just get by all of this AOS crap!

Patrick

Hang in there Patrick. I myself have given up being patient. I have been working all weekend on a PLAINTIFF¡¯S ORIGINAL COMPLAINT

FOR WRIT IN THE NATURE OF MANDAMUS & DECLARATORY JUDGEMENT.

In my damages section I am listing:

18. The Plaintiff has been greatly damaged by the failure of Defendants to act in accord with their duties under the law.

(a) Specifically, Plaintiff , has been unable to obtain legal permanent residence, travel and work without restriction and accrue time to be eligible for Naturalization as a citizen of the United States.

Member #153 is mightily pissed off about the green card for the SO. Suing the SOB's is my only option and I am finally going to do it. I've held off for awhile, but 34 months is enough.

Edited by Stats (see edit history)

Patrick

Hang in there Patrick. I myself have given up being patient. I have been working all weekend on a PLAINTIFF¡¯S ORIGINAL COMPLAINT

18. The Plaintiff has been greatly damaged by the failure of Defendants to act in accord with their duties under the law.

(a) Specifically, Plaintiff , has been unable to obtain legal permanent residence, travel and work without restriction and accrue time to be eligible for Naturalization as a citizen of the United States.

Member #153 is mightily pissed off about the green card for the SO. Suing the SOB's is my only potion and I am finally going to do it. I've held off for awhile, but 34 months is enough.

Yes I posted this to VJ some time ago, A few months is understandable for a name check, not 2+ years.

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry630521

Patrick

Member #153 is mightily pissed off about the green card for the SO. Suing the SOB's is my only potion and I am finally going to do it. I've held off for awhile, but 34 months is enough.

I feel for you, Stats. I am always thinking about how damn long you and your wife have been waiting.

I can only hope it will end soon. Dan is right; you've been waiting long enough!

Godspeed! :lol:

I would wager that if you file suit all of a sudden the case would be resolved.

Patrick I'm not sure but the way I understand the law your wife can apply for citizenship 3 years from the date her AOS was approved. I don't think it is dependent on the green card being issued.

Patrick I'm not sure but the way I understand the law your wife can apply for citizenship 3 years from the date her AOS was approved. I don't think it is dependent on the green card being issued.

Yes perhaps wait until the 3 year anniversary of approval, then probably will have to sue for citizenship.

Yes perhaps wait until the 3 year anniversary of approval, then probably will have to sue for citizenship.

She must be an LPR for three years. I don't think she is one - the interview was passed, but they are waiting for the security check so she can become an LPR, and get the green card.

Another thing if the name check takes more than 2 years, do they have to file I-751 to lift conditions? By they time they get card it will be way past 2nd wedding anniversary and should get an un-conditional one.

Another thing if the name check takes more than 2 years, do they have to file I-751 to lift conditions? By they time they get card it will be way past 2nd wedding anniversary and should get an un-conditional one.

Yes - I believe this is correct. I'm hoping Jiaying's comes AFTER our wedding anniversary, but before we have to file for another EAD.

Hmmm, I'm not sure enough to say if she can apply for citizenship or not but I do know that my wife's 2 yr card expired 2 years from the date of the AOS interview not the date the card was made. I also know she is eligible to apply for citizenship 3 years from the same date.

Isn't the date on the I-551 normally the date when the AOS interview was done (assuming it was a successful interview and the background check comes back favorably)? Or do they use the date when card printing was issued?

I'll be sure to follow up and report on this when we get the GC.

Hmmm, I'm not sure enough to say if she can apply for citizenship or not but I do know that my wife's 2 yr card expired 2 years from the date of the AOS interview not the date the card was made. I also know she is eligible to apply for citizenship 3 years from the same date.

Yes I was wondering what the issue date would be on the card, so it is possible that approved pending name check, as in OP's case may and probably will result in the 10 year card, and the ability to apply for citizenship shortly there after.