AOS concerns

Is I-797C the AOS interview appointment letter? ( it says on the letter, this will be the initial interview, is this the one ? ) We received the letter yesterday and I didn't expect the interview so soon. I will have the biometrics on 16th June and the interview for AOS is on 26th June. It took only about 2 months to get the interview after we applied, is this the normal speed? I hope nothing is wrong.

How long after interview can we receive greencard normally?

After I get the greencard if I want to travel out of the states, let's say, only for a short time, no more than 2 months, will I still need to apply AP ( re-entry premit) ? Will I have trouble coming back without the AP?

Nothing wrong at all many seem to be going through the process in about 2 months, one reason we held off on filing for things like EAD and AP.

Congrats on the speedy process. :)

After getting green card you can travel out of country, no AP or re-entry document needed for short trips. One is recommended if travel out or country for more than a year.

READ: Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

Typically get card in a month or so after interview, if successful interview see if they can stamp passport with I-551 stamp, that makes the passport act as a temp green-card.

Note: If your profile had info like your location, I would have looked up the timeline data for your local USCIS office on VJ to give you a better idea of what is normal for your local office.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Too bad, we wasted the money on EAD.

I can see that you ane I have a very similar timeline, hope you get your aos interview soon too,. Oh no, actually, I wish you get the greencard without a interview,hehe.

I can see that you ane I have a very similar timeline, hope you get your aos interview soon too,. Oh no, actually, I wish you get the greencard without a interview,hehe.

From timelines on VJ Buffalo office for us averages 2 months for green-card, so that is why no EAD filed for. If it is getting long we still have time to apply for EAD before the rate hike, July 30.

Don't feel bad - we wasted twice the money you did on EAD.

Don't feel bad - we wasted twice the money you did on EAD.

We also wasted money applying for a 2nd EAD.