Another SSN Experience

Li and I finally made it to apply for her SSN today. Although the clerk who helped us was very nice and cordial, she could do nothing other than accept the application. BCIS has yet to enter Li into the computer system although she arrived in the US on March 28, almost seven weeks ago. The lady said it was not uncommon for it to take two months or longer for data to show up in the BCIS computer system. Once again we are confronted with a system that is riddled with footdragging and inefficiency. :P

My wife applied for SSN on 4-17 and AOS, EAD, and AP on 4-18. We were told 4-6 weeks on the SSN. I called today and still no entry by BICS. In the mean time she has received her EAD and AP. Same as usual, nothing is coordinated or communicated between party's of the powers.

Several weeks ago we went to S.S. office and the lady said we need to file a I- 765. We have our I-130 so I have not filed as yet till we have our interview, I thought once you have the I-130 you get the green card, I don't want to give the govt money for something we don't need. She explained K-1 different than K-3 papers. the best part I told her I called BCIS and she had no idea who they were and I also asked if the paperwork for CR-1 is different, she asked what is that. makes you wonder, I guess they need more meetings in the morning and not as many coffee breaks. ;) :P B)

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow marks two weeks since we filed for SSN number. We haven't heard diddly and, to our knowledge, Li still hasn't been entered into the system by BCIS. Been here two months now. I guess it reflects BCIS version of the old "Limbo Rock". HOW SLOW CAN YOU GO? :blink: :o :blink:

Hi Mick,

Seems like I will catch up with you. :P I applied SSN for 6 weeks now, yet no number assigned because the dumb BCIS still has not verified my information to SSA yet. :lol: One thing I worried is that is it possible that BCIS will forget to input my infor forever? :D For now I could only wait, SSA told me I will recieve it with one month, but who knows? :D :P

Alyse

Hi Mick,

Seems like I will catch up with you.  :P I applied SSN for 6 weeks now, yet no number assigned  because  the dumb BCIS still has not verified my information to SSA yet.  :lol:  One thing I worried is that is it possible that BCIS will forget to input my infor forever?  :D  For now I could only wait, SSA told me I will recieve it with one month, but who knows? :D  :P

Alyse

I also share the fear Alyse. After all the screw ups and snafus in our case thus far, this would not surprise me in the least. ;)