File Number

Hi,

We're still working on the paper works on AOS. On G 325A Biographic forms ( 4 pages ), item # 5 on the very beginning line says File Number, A - something. What number am I suppose to fill in? Is it A number? I dunno what file number they are asking for.

Thx!

It may be written on the back of the I-94 card in passport, or may be on NOA2 from I-129F, it is the Alien Registration Number assigned by USCIS when they approve the original visa petition.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/I-129F-NOAs/NOA2.jpg

I can't find any number on the back of the 1-94. is that a problem?

Yea, I found the number you mentioned on the approval letter. And the valid time has already expired, as we known, it's for 4 months only. So what do I do on the G 325 A form? Do I write "None" on the file number or I just put in the A number on my approval letter. On the very bottom of that form, I noticed there is another blank asks for A number, it's the same number as the file number asked on item # 5 on G-325A,right? Just wanna make sure.

Thanks a lot

I can't find any number on the back of the 1-94. is that a problem?

Yea, I found the number you mentioned on the approval letter. And the valid time has already expired, as we known, it's for 4 months only. So what do I do on the G 325 A form? Do I write "None" on the file number or I just put in the A number on my approval letter. On the very bottom of that form, I noticed there is another blank asks for A number, it's the same number as the file number asked on item # 5 on G-325A,right? Just wanna make sure.

Thanks a lot

The A number from the approval letter is what you want. Yep A# is same on all forms.

The A number is the Alien Registration Number qassigned by the USCIS to your wife. This is the number you will use on any and all forms and applications that call for it.

You will first see it on the I-797C approval notice of the I-129F (NOA2).

It will either look like A xxx xxx xxx or A xxxxxxxxx