friend's SO got red slip

Someone asked that one in GUZ-Speaks

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24448

Some new development? Sure would suck for someone to go to China to be with their SO for the interview, planning to travel home together only to have that happen, almost as bad as a blue-slip.

My friend had previously gotten 2 blue slips. Just recently his fiancee got the red slip and a paper saying that she will need to wait 2-3 months for a name check before the actual visa can be issued. Has anyone heard of this?

Sounds like they got the cart before the horse. Never heard of it, but I guess it makes sense. They approved the visa based on the interview/evidence, but still need to finish the security check as a final procedure.

My friend had previously gotten 2 blue slips. Just recently his fiancee got the red slip and a paper saying that she will need to wait 2-3 months for a name check before the actual visa can be issued. Has anyone heard of this?

Sounds like they got the cart before the horse. Never heard of it, but I guess it makes sense. They approved the visa based on the interview/evidence, but still need to finish the security check as a final procedure.

What I don't understand is that there has been plenty of time to do a security name check. They were given 2 blue slips and had 2 overcome interviews.

No - if GUZ doesn't give them the visa, it is NOT approved. If they are waiting for something, it can still be turned down. What does the red slip say?

Usually, they get instructions on how (and when) to pick up the visa.

This may simply represent another designer color change.

No - if GUZ doesn't give them the visa, it is NOT approved. If they are waiting for something, it can still be turned down. What does the red slip say?

Usually, they get instructions on how (and when) to pick up the visa.

This may simply represent another designer color change.

Randy I have a tendancy to agree with you. My friend is waiting on a faxed copy of the 2 papers (1 red and 1 white). At this point I kinda smell a rat :ph34r: