Urgent qestions. Thanks !!

For many the Green-Card is approved with out interview and on many occasions this happens faster than EAD gets issued, it is a gamble. Check out this timeline AOS applied Jan 29, GC issued Apr 7. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=20733

Then check out the rest of us.

I only remember seeing 3 or 4 get a greencard without an interview since I've been here and that only occured a few months ago when someone first reported it.

The rest of us scores of people had to wait, sometime a considerable wait for an AOS interview.

And further yet, there are some who has been waiting months and months for the damn card, myself included! :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, it is a $180 gamble that we will take. I do read all the time posts on VJ like "We just got green card before EAD approved! What a waste.... Can I get my $180 back?" The post usually gets flamed, by those on their second EAD while waiting for AOS. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Correct, it is a $180 gamble that we will take. I do read all the time posts on VJ like "We just got green card before EAD approved! What a waste.... Can I get my $180 back?" The post usually gets flamed, by those on their second EAD while waiting for AOS.

The "gamble" is affected by such things as how common her last name is, and whether she wants to work as soon as possible or can afford to wait as long as it takes for the green card.

Most of us go for the sure thing (EAD), but, like Dan says, it's a choice.

Correct, it is a $180 gamble that we will take. I do read all the time posts on VJ like "We just got green card before EAD approved! What a waste.... Can I get my $180 back?" The post usually gets flamed, by those on their second EAD while waiting for AOS.

The "gamble" is affected by such things as how common her last name is, and whether she wants to work as soon as possible or can afford to wait as long as it takes for the green card.

Most of us go for the sure thing (EAD), but, like Dan says, it's a choice.

you're so right!, it's a choice.

Isn't America great!?.........:P

Yea, I called my insurance company, they seemed refuse to take the pay for the vaccination. And by far, all the civil surgoen i called don't take insurance either. I live in san jose, california, if anybody ever had a doctor around here who would take insurance, please let me know.

Would it be possible that we find a family doctor to give us the shots ( for non-immigration purpose), so the insurance company would take the pay?? And then we will have a civil surgoen to just sign the worksheet for the shots and transfer it into i-693? cause it seems that insurance company is not willing to take the pay only because it's for immigration purpose. any advise? thanks!

yea, I knew only the civil surgoen has the right to transfer it into what we need for AOS. What I'm trying to do now is to either find a surgoen who would accept insurance pay ( which is very tough to find, all the surgoens I called do not take that. ), or I'm finding some free shots at family doctor, who will take the pay from insurance company, and then I will take the vaccination result to a civil surgoen just to have him sign it and transfer it into I-693 for AOS, therefore they will not be able to charge me for the shots but only for the signing for a i-639, which costs , i dunno how much, but I believe it's much cheaper than having shots without insurance cover and pay them by cash.

Dose this make sense, will this work??

MANY thxxx

If your family doctor can do it and the insurance will cover it then you need only find a civil surgeon who will sign of on it for a small fee. $25-$50 is reasonable. If they try to tell you you need a whole new physical keep calling others.

If your family doctor can do it and the insurance will cover it then you need only find a civil surgeon who will sign of on it for a small fee. $25-$50 is reasonable. If they try to tell you you need a whole new physical keep calling others.

Thanks for your advice. My husband seemed pissed off cause he's been calling those surgoen on the list and nobody takes the insurance. I told him what we need might be from family doctors first, the free shots, so we can make use of the insurance, and only have civil surgoen to sign. But he dosen't seem to get me, all he told me was he kept calling without fruit. I'm not frustrated because of this freaking shots issue, I'm kind of frustrated because he seemed pissed off just because of finding a better solution. I'm very disappointed about this. I've been trying my best to solve this, even if what I'm trying to do is useless.

Anyways, thanks for all your advise and help. I care less about this now, whatever happens happen, maybe I should never care about findind a better way, SMILE.

Here's a local clinic I found through the AltaVista search engine - I know this one won't help you, but you might start by looking at your county health services through your county's web page.

Also, any charges from the doctor can be filed later with insurance (even if the doctor is not covered directly), and they will reimburse some of the payment (whatever is covered).

Anyway, I think you're on the right track now - just do it, and get it done. We just went ahead and paid the full price at the civil surgeon for my step-son (came to about $150).