daughter wants out for summer

My wife and daughter came here in 2004 and even though my wife got her green card almost 2 years ago my daughter had been ignored. Despite infopass apointments, calls to the 800# and visits to the congressman her name alludes the conclusion of the security check.

My daughter recived a 1 year AP for travel in 2004 and when it expired in 2005 we have been trying to get another one. Now it turns out her father is coincidentally very ill (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

What should the letter say? Should it include my daughters name anywhere? Where should it be translated? Where should we take the letter to get the emergency travel AP? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Please advise as I hate to see a sad 20 year old chinese girl, thanks!!

Look at the justification for AP on the USCIS website.

Surely there are both business and family reasons for urgent travel.

File the AP normally with all those reasons cited. Include a reasonable travel date ... like 90 days away if you can.

If you don't have the AP a couple weeks before she wants to travel bring the kitchen sink to an InfoPass appointment. They issued ours on the spot but then I did have a letter from my company CEO saying we must travel.

Ohh ... and request a multi-entry AP with appropriate justification (business and family).

Thanks for the input. I was really looking for an example of a medical reason letter as an excuse for travel. Didn't know if someone has actually received an AP for medical reasons. I know it should be yourself or your blood parents in imminent peril, etc.

We have already tried the infopass and were told... " you should really try NOT to travel outside the USA until you have the green card as the AP does not "guarantee" that you will be let back into the USA". I had a debate with the nice but not well informed officer without any success.

Those people are hit or miss, state by state. I have had some spit fire at me and others bend over backwards to help... and of course everything inbetween.

Ya, we will definately request the multi entry as she had that once before. Thanks.

We have already tried the infopass and were told... " you should really try NOT to travel outside the USA until you have the green card as the AP does not "guarantee" that you will be let back into the USA". I had a debate with the nice but not well informed officer without any success.

We re-entered twice at LAX on AP.

Once we came in on a AA flight from London and the IO sent us to the extra processing room where there was about a 5 minute computer drill and "parole" (entry) was approved.

The second time we came in from China to the Bradley terminal and discovered they had a separate line for extra processing cases. The guy was very familiar with AP and cleared us in a couple of minutes.

Doesn't seem to me that, with the typical CFL well documented case, that there is any real danger of not being admitted. Actually the POE IO can refuse entry on the original K1-2-3-4 if they choose to (and have a reason).

Doesn't seem to me that, with the typical CFL well documented case, that there is any real danger of not being admitted. Actually the POE IO can refuse entry on the original K1-2-3-4 if they choose to (and have a reason).

Ya, I know they "can" be refused entry but I felt he was to lazy to process the paperwork or give any help and instead tried to scare us away from applying for the AP.

Edited by natrigon (see edit history)

Hi Louis

My stepdaughter also is still waiting for her greencard and it's now been 16 months since her AOS interview.

-good luck

How old is your daughter? My daughter just turned 20. Best of luck to us both! Have to make sure that the 90 pound female teenagers are not a threat to the USA. :-)

Hi Louis

My stepdaughter also is still waiting for her greencard and it's now been 16 months since her AOS interview.

-good luck

How old is your daughter? My daughter just turned 20. Best of luck to us both! Have to make sure that the 90 pound female teenagers are not a threat to the USA. :-)

She's 16.

She had the AOS appointment in December 2005. My wife had passed her AOS appointment in July with no problem. I thought tha same for my stepdaughter. In fact, I had her social security application all filled out to take her to the SSA office around the corner after a sucessful AOS appointment. Needless to say, it didn't work out at all. the IO was a real bitch. I thought her unfair to deny my stepdaughter.

The IO at my wife's appointment was a very nice guy. He was going to do my stepdaughter the same day but he couldn't find her on the computer.

Yeah, the best luck to us both!

Thanks Louis. Good to see ya! :roller: