Ok, it's the blue slip. On the front it says that further processing is needed. It states that further info can be found on the back of the slip. So........I look on the back and the only box that is checked is the one (at the very top) which says; "Your case requires additional processing". What the hell is that supposed to mean other than they aren't ready to give it to him yet? BTW.....on the front he's listed as an IR-2.

They may be waiting for a name check to complete (this has been known to happen). Keep your fingers crossed.

IR-2 means that he is your son for immigration purposes, and you were married more than 2 years at the time of the interview. He will get his 10 year green card when he arrives, so maybe they're giving him a little more scrutiny.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's the blue slip. On the front it says that further processing is needed. It states that further info can be found on the back of the slip. So........I look on the back and the only box that is checked is the one (at the very top) which says; "Your case requires additional processing". What the hell is that supposed to mean other than they aren't ready to give it to him yet? BTW.....on the front he's listed as an IR-2.

They may be waiting for a name check to complete (this has been known to happen). Keep your fingers crossed.

IR-2 means that he is your son for immigration purposes, and you were married more than 2 years at the time of the interview. He will get his 10 year green card when he arrives, so maybe they're giving him a little more scrutiny.

There's also a note on it that says; "We will advise you when you should return to the consulate. If you have not received a letter from the consulate in 3 months, send us a letter or an email........."

221 (g) is the regulation stated on the front.

There's also a note on it that says; "We will advise you when you should return to the consulate. If you have not received a letter from the consulate in 3 months, send us a letter or an email........."

221 (g) is the regulation stated on the front.

Yes - all standard stuff. Unless you know of some reason why they would blue-slip him (was the interview at all rough?), I think all you need to do is to sit back and wait for the processing to complete.

Others may have some more details there.

I don't know that it was a rough one at all. All I know for sure is that he might have been to tense. He wants to see his mom here in the states very much. The only thing I can think of at all is that we haven't filed our return for 2007 yet. Somebody (in the family) said something about him finishing school in April. Also, the interviewer asked him when his mother went to the USA. That seems like it'd be a fairly standard question to me.

I don't know that it was a rough one at all. All I know for sure is that he might have been to tense. He wants to see his mom here in the states very much. The only thing I can think of at all is that we haven't filed our return for 2007 yet. Somebody (in the family) said something about him finishing school in April. Also, the interviewer asked him when his mother went to the USA. That seems like it'd be a fairly standard question to me.

I'd suggest emailing GZ, sending them a letter and getting your congressman to make an inquiry. Not that this will force GZ to do anything, it just speaks to your credibility as a concerned parent and might help to resolve the issue sooner.

As I recall you and your wife didn't make it over for the interview and it can't hurt to demonstrate some real concern over your son's blue slip. I recall some children have received blue strictly because the VO felt their lack of presence demonstrated a lack of commitment.

I wonder if it'd be any better for Mei, myself or, both to be there next interview.

At his age, you wouldn't think it would affect anything. While we were there, however,we saw a 16 year get a blue slip for no parents. I immediately ran up stairs to give Jiaying's son both of our passports

I wonder if it'd be any better for Mei, myself or, both to be there next interview.

It's doubtful there will be another interview unless there is something extremely different about your case. It may have been something as silly as them entering him into the computer as female and now are forced to re-do the name check, which of course is your fault. :rolleyes:

The odds are a letter will go out telling him to bring his passport to the consulate to get his visa since they didn't ask for any additional evidence.

One suggestion, if you go to your congressman's office, see if you can get them to query along the lines of: Does the additional processing have any connection to the fact that his mother was subjected to an extremely long 601 processing? Basically, you would like the query to ask them to justify to your congressman that there is no connection between what your wife was subjected to and if they intend to force him to remain in China as retaliation?

While I doubt the additional processing has anything to do with your wife's case it doesn't hurt to put a warning shot across their bow. Hopefully they will get more than a cut and paste response due to your past issues.

It's doubtful there will be another interview unless there is something extremely different about your case. It may have been something as silly as them entering him into the computer as female and now are forced to re-do the name check, which of course is your fault. :blink:

The odds are a letter will go out telling him to bring his passport to the consulate to get his visa since they didn't ask for any additional evidence.

One suggestion, if you go to your congressman's office, see if you can get them to query along the lines of: Does the additional processing have any connection to the fact that his mother was subjected to an extremely long 601 processing? Basically, you would like the query to ask them to justify to your congressman that there is no connection between what your wife was subjected to and if they intend to force him to remain in China as retaliation?

While I doubt the additional processing has anything to do with your wife's case it doesn't hurt to put a warning shot across their bow. Hopefully they will get more than a cut and paste response due to your past issues.

I hope you're right. Not sure I'd maintain any sense of sanity if they try any of the same crap they did with Mei's visa. I have to thank all of the CFL family just for listening to my incoherent rants at times while we were working on Mei's paperwork. Methinks the fact that you guys didn't tell me to shut up and go away helped. Well, to be honest with you "Hercules" (the Chihuahua) helped a lot too. He did the best he could to keep my feet warm.......lol

Now it's off to the Chinese market here in Richmond. Something about chicken parts and the New Years tradition...........

It's doubtful there will be another interview unless there is something extremely different about your case. It may have been something as silly as them entering him into the computer as female and now are forced to re-do the name check, which of course is your fault. :o

I just spoke to him via MSN messenger. He pretty much confirmed that the man told him when the time comes he will bring his passport to have his visa placed inside. :toot:

I think I'm having a brain fart but, what's the advantage of having the V.O. indicate that (hopefully) an upcoming visa is in the "IR" category?

Perhaps a 10 year green card instead of a 2 year conditional card that will cost you $545 in 2 years to get a 10 year card. That is unless the USCIS has another price increase because they need more money due to inefficient practices. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...