American Citizens Hour

TomYu

K-1, K-3, are treated as immigrant visas by the consulate, and are processed by the immigrant visa unit of the consulate, so the ACH is held Friday afternoon at 2:00pm, that is the time that I attended for my Yu's K-1 visa, and met Hankster there when he was asking questions for their K-3 visa.

If you look closely at that page, you see what the consulate considers as Non-Immigrant visas on the left hand side of the page. Now if you click Immigrant Visas on the left the page will reveal what are considered to be immigrant visas by the consulate. (Fiancee (K-1) and Life Act (K-3)) are listed under immigrant visas.

The page you sited is for non-immigrant visas, like Visitors, Student, Business, ect, not K-1, K-3 visas.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Tom

I returned home this past Sunday night from my trip to Guangzhou. I went there thinking that I had to do ACH on Monday. I arrived on a Thursday evening and on Friday morning Mr. Yang informed me that I should go to ACH on that Friday. I had filed for K1 visa. Needless to say Mr. Yang was correct. Got to the consulate and took a number. I did the ACH and was happy I did. You will have to go to the 4th floor and take the escalator to the 5th floor. Make a right and you'll have no trouble finding the line where you will state your business and take a number. You'll be handed a questionaire, so have your SO's info such as date of birth and GUZ case number. Good luck

Tony

Thanks to you both!

Tom