AOS/Biometrics appointment results

We did both appointments at the same time. We did our scheduled 3/21 @ 1030 AOS appointment and then our 1100 biometrics appointment, late, as approved by our Case Officer.

So we get there at 1030, and the Spokane office is pretty small. Maybe 300 sqft total in the waiting area, which looked like an L-shaped hallway. We put our paperwork in the blue box and wait about 5 minutes. Our CO comes out and takes the paper from the box and calls my wife's name.

We go in and sit down in his office, which is about 2/3 the size of the waiting area. He pulls our file, which is probably 2 inches thick and has all our documents for the 129F, 130, 765, and 485 in it. This is good, because while I had *almost* all the docs the form said was required, I did not have any more copies of my employer letter. :lol:

We were sworn in. The first question out of the box (other than small talk) was asking my wife her address. She got the order a little mixed up, but considering we didn't study that, she did fine.

Then he asked us some standard questions about her police record, drug use, terrorism, etc. Of course we said no to all of those things because they didn't apply.

He looked at all of our ID documents, and took her I-94. Like I said, he had most of the other paperwork, so he went through it and verified everything was correct.

Then he looked at all the photos we brought in, and asked about the marriage ceremony (hehe - what ceremony? I told him about the red finger paper shuffle), and the dinners we had in China and the US.

He looked at the photos of us at home the most, and asked some questions about my car and motorcycle model collections, which my wife took pictures of for her family to see.

He asked a few more questions and said he didnt see a reason why she couldnt get a green card. He gave her the welcome to the usa paperwork and said that it'd take a few days for her biometrics to clear the criminal check, and then a week to get the green card. He then outlined what will be needed in Dec 2008, when we can go for the 10 year. He was adamant that you *must* wait until 90 days before the 2 year runs out, as they would return the application (and not the money).

He also said that the green card was about $300 to replace now and $400 to replace soon, so it should be kept in a safe place, though he also said you were *supposed* to carry it with you at all times.

We were in the interview for about 20 minutes. The biometrics was right after, and he filled in part of that form for us. We went out to the waiting room, which went from maybe 30 people waiting to just us in the span of 20 minutes. While we waited for the biometrics guy, we saw a guy come in to pick up a fiancee visa application, and it reminded me of the guy I saw on that informal Friday in GZ... At least this guy wasn't already over there, expecting to take his GF back with him!

The biometric appointment was pretty quick though every square inch of her hands were printed!

We celebrated by going out to Nordstroms so she could get some fancy cosmetics, then lunch and hitting the asian supermarkets in Spokane.

A great day!

Hi,

Just saw your post, we are filing about the same forms as what you have done.

we mailed them out on March09 2007, got biometrics appointment which is scheduled on april 4th 07, i guess that is really quick.

also i have received an e-mail from USCIS, saying they have mailed me a letter on march 23rd asking for further evidence, which i have not received yet.

just one quick question, your biometrics appointment was the same day as I-485?

on my blue notice, they only ask me to bring this notice and also my passport, no other documents, i guess it would be safer to bring all the docs i have?

Hi,

Just saw your post, we are filing about the same forms as what you have done.

we mailed them out on March09 2007, got biometrics appointment which is scheduled on april 4th 07, i guess that is really quick.

also i have received an e-mail from USCIS, saying they have mailed me a letter on march 23rd asking for further evidence, which i have not received yet.

just one quick question, your biometrics appointment was the same day as I-485?

on my blue notice, they only ask me to bring this notice and also my passport, no other documents, i guess it would be safer to bring all the docs i have?

You only need the appointment letter (I-797C) for your fingerprints. I don't think they care about anything else but you can take your other papers if you wish.

If you look at your appointment letter you should see an ASC code number. Code 1 is for fingerprinting, Code 2 is for biometrics, and Code 3 is for both.

Hopefully you'll get your RFE notice in the mail soon directing you where to mail the papers.

-good luck