They keep throwing me Change-ups and I only can hit Fastballs

We went to have my wifes Drivers License renewed 2 weeks ago. Everything went fine, they gave us a letter stating this was a temp license till her hard copy came in the mail. Yesterday we received a letter from DMV that said they needed a I-797, and a Updated report on our status and they wanted it within 15 days or they would consider it abandoned.

We are going to Infopass appt this week and see if they can give me an official letter stating our "Pending" status.

Tired....soooooooo tired!

Patrick

We went to have my wifes Drivers License renewed 2 weeks ago. Everything went fine, they gave us a letter stating this was a temp license till her hard copy came in the mail. Yesterday we received a letter from DMV that said they needed a I-797, and a Updated report on our status and they wanted it within 15 days or they would consider it abandoned.

We are going to Infopass appt this week and see if they can give me an official letter stating our "Pending" status.

Tired....soooooooo tired!

Patrick

Auchtung!!! Vere are your papers?

It's the 21st century here in Georgia....they make the hard license on the spot with what I am sure are very expensive machines we all paid for....lol...did the DL examiner have on his jackboots? So, now they've gone from handing out DL's and ID cards to illegal immigrants to harrassing the crap out of those of us who followed the law to the letter? Go figure....

Steve

The I-797 is your approval receipt notice from AOS filling, and an updated status could be a simple printout of the online case status from the USCIS site.

Pat:

This is so much BS, it's hard to fathom - but hang in there Buddy. I wish there was some magic button we could push to make all this red tape go away. Just play the game and give them what they want. You've been through the wringer, that's for sure.

I don't know if you've tried to contact our Congressman or not, but when I did (and I don't know if it was coincidence or not), we got some activity on our case and things finally moved forward for us.

Let me know if I can help.

Fred

Pat:

This is so much BS, it's hard to fathom - but hang in there Buddy. I wish there was some magic button we could push to make all this red tape go away. Just play the game and give them what they want. You've been through the wringer, that's for sure.

I don't know if you've tried to contact our Congressman or not, but when I did (and I don't know if it was coincidence or not), we got some activity on our case and things finally moved forward for us.

Let me know if I can help.

Fred

LOL...I wish you could help me Fred, I'd lean right on ya!

Yes, I have written Lindey Graham and he pretty well told me he has no authority in this matter. At the moment, only the USCIS has the authority to do an inquiry on the FBI and they state that our case history is not unusual. HA!

Patrick & Li

Yes, I have written Lindey Graham and he pretty well told me he has no authority in this matter. At the moment, only the USCIS has the authority to do an inquiry on the FBI and they state that our case history is not unusual. HA!

Patrick & Li

Same result for us, nada. USCIS in Houston even has a canned "pending name check" letter that we got at our recent Info Pass. Pretty much says, stop wasting our time by inquiring about your case.

Stats

Patrick & Li

Same result for us, nada. USCIS in Houston even has a canned "pending name check" letter that we got at our recent Info Pass. Pretty much says, stop wasting our time by inquiring about your case.

Stats

I don't know what makes the USCIS "tick."

It was August 2004 when I got the I-485 receicpt notice for my stepdaughter. She was only 13 (I filed it before she turned 14 thereby saving $100!)....:)

Now she's 16 and doesn't look like she did in those "little kiddy" pictures I sent in. My concern is that they will request up-to-date pics, and probably another FD-258. :o